Godot 2d game engine

blurymind

This looks cool indeed. But we won't be able to focus on direct help with Spriter implimentations until after the initial release of Spriter version 1.0.

As Spriter 1.0 nears feature complete and grows more stable, more developers will be inspired to create support for all popular authoring systems. And one of the first things Edgar will focus on as we roll out 1.0 is finalizing the doccumentation explaining Spriter's data format in full detail...which will make things even easier for developers and communities to support Spriter animations.

cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/18/2020 at 7:34 AM, Scraggle said:

It's been six years since this request and Godot has taken off massively! 

Any news on Godot support in Spriter? 

here is ur reply to godot

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/718103423009947669/732280502601646092/0337fcde9d8f1e5e68b2b2a10770499c.png

As you see its for hobbyists only who never want to earn or do anything professionally with Godot. I also myself spent 6 months on it. While the engine is awesome but to be able to make a commercial product with it you need to know the game engine architecture.

So the picture tells it all. Yes it is awesome. yes it is open source. But when you don't get much help/resources needed to make what you want to make, then all those awesome stuff vanishes in thin air.

On 6/18/2020 at 2:34 PM, Scraggle said:

It's been six years since this request and Godot has taken off massively! 

Any news on Godot support in Spriter? 

Make your own lul.

And, like, I am sure there is already Spine/DragonBones support. They are all-around better products than Spriter. I only took it because it was on a massive discount at the time and it had the most complete integration for my engine.