Linux Mint XFCE

HobekaStoo

Hi,

I've been having some trouble running not only the free version but also the latest B5_92_5 version of Spriter on my Linux machine. Linux Mint 15 XFCE 32bit. I am a registered user of the Pro version which I use on my Windows desktop machine 90% of the time.

After unzipping the downloaded file, nothing happens when I try and run the Spriter program file other than 2 files appearing with unrecognisable filenames both with zero bytes. I'm wondering if it would be possible to offer a .deb installer version as I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong with the .tar.gz file?

For the record I have had it running prior to a recent reinstall from a Linux Mint KDE 13 on the same computer.

Any help would be very welcome and appreciated.

Stoo

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

No I get the files extracted as you show but upon running the executable "Spriter" I get 2 files appear which contain unrecognisable characters as files names and they're both 0 bytes in size. These files appear after I double click the main executable, though it doesn't run.

I'm going to go back to an earlier version and see if I can run any of the earlier builds. I did have it running like a dream using an earlier version of Spriter and on Linux Mint KDE before so I don't know why it would not work as it's a fresh clean install.

Will try a few things here and try and take some screen grabs of anything useful that can help.

Stoo