Spriter B6 pre-release (update 12-5 all platforms)

lucid

12/05/13 Update Change Log:

[*:lla2aa25]fixed a ui issue with the timeline being too large horizontally at it's minimum size

12/04/13 Update Change Log:
    [*:lla2aa25]fixed several issues with the saving of reparenting or shifting pivot points
    [*:lla2aa25]fixed a crash where changing animations with an item selected that isn't present in the new animation
    [*:lla2aa25]fixed a bug where ik wouldn't work correctly on bones with custom length
    [*:lla2aa25]fixed a bug that was deactivating pro versions upon loading a file
    [*:lla2aa25]fixed a bug causing performance issues in b5_9x's
    [*:lla2aa25]fixed a crash that would occur when attempting to export to png or use skins with openGL disabled
    [*:lla2aa25]fixed a bug causing the timeline to go white after making changes to an animation
    [*:lla2aa25]made it easier to create very short bones
    [*:lla2aa25]various performance optimizations

11/25/13 Update Change Log:

[*:lla2aa25]Fixed a bug in the timeline widget that would cause crashes in various situations.
    [*:lla2aa25]Changed tweening curve preview so you have to click the keys in order to activate the preview (as opposed to just hovering)

Hi everyone,

Here's another beta release for public testing which includes the following new features:

This build is still not quite b6, as we need to do a bit more testing and the members of the community who use Mac or Linux need to make sure it runs properly on their respective systems.

You can download the new build(s) from the following link(s):

PC version

Mac version

Linux version

1) You can now quickly and easily change the position of an entire animation relative to its 0,0 coordinate (anchor point) by holding the M key while on any key frame and left clicking and dragging the 0,0 cross-hair lines.

2) You can now scale entire Spriter projects (images and .scml or .scon file) to any size you'd like...so you can create your animations in high res, and scale it all down for different resolution platforms etc, or scale down or up the size of our art packs to perfectly fit the size needs of your game projects. Be sure to do this only with copies of your Spriter projects because this feature permanently changes the images and files.

3) You can now fix the z-order for your animation on one key frame and instantly copy the new z-order to all other key frames in the animation.

Please watch this video to see these 3 features in action:

4) Sound support is now implemented and ready for testing. The UI is currently unfinished, but useable...just bare in mind the interface for adding and manipulating sounds will improve in the future.

Here's a video explaining exactly how to add sounds to your animations:

changelog

[*:lla2aa25]added shortcut for hiding skinning arrows (Ctrl-H)
    [*:lla2aa25]added ability to move an entire animation relative to the (0,0) axis - hold M while dragging the canvas background
    [*:lla2aa25]added ability to save project to a new size (resizing animations and images) - option under 'File|Other File Options...'
    [*:lla2aa25]added ability to copy z-order to all frames - under the edit menu
    [*:lla2aa25]added ability to hide timelines in the timeline widget
    [*:lla2aa25]fixed bug that created "missing image"s for files that weren't in use.
    [*:lla2aa25]fixed a bug where choosing not to "show sprites" in the hierarchy view would hide bones as well

cheers!

-edgar

The main purpose of this release is to fix the stability issue causing crashes for many of you. Please let me know if you experience any additional stability issues.

11/25/13 Update Change Log:

[*:i73tegsd]Fixed a bug in the timeline widget that would cause crashes in various situations.
    [*:i73tegsd]Changed tweening curve preview so you have to click the keys in order to activate the preview (as opposed to just hovering)

You can download the new build(s) from the following link(s):

PC version

Mac version

Linux version

Hey there,

I installed B 5 92_5 on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit; and I still have the "activate pro" problem when I open a file, I even tried just creating a new file in the new Spriter before doing anything, but the problem persists.

Whatodo? Also: I'm really curious: what type of OS are others using to not have the "Activate Pro" issue once a file is opened in Spriter? I even wonder if a majority of users don't even check that... in any case, am just curious : ) thanks in advance for any help.

Karim

Do you happen to have an updated ScmlReference for the sound?

Not yet Erik1, I will be updating documentation along with the program over the next few weeks. Thanks for your patience.

Hey there,

I installed B 5 92_5 on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit; and I still have the "activate pro" problem when I open a file, I even tried just creating a new file in the new Spriter before doing anything, but the problem persists.

Whatodo? Also: I'm really curious: what type of OS are others using to not have the "Activate Pro" issue once a file is opened in Spriter? I even wonder if a majority of users don't even check that... in any case, am just curious : ) thanks in advance for any help.

Karim

I have Spriter activated on win 7 and 8 64 bit, on osx 10, and ubuntu. Please send us an email (mentioning you're kfii from the forums) from the email used for activation, and we'll look up your serial, and see if somehow it has something to do with your serial in particular. There's no reason this should be the case, but if nothing else has worked, including running as admin etc, that's the next step.

I take that back, if I open spriter from the start menu then pro is activated but if I open or create a new project then it gets deactivated.

Another issue I see is sounds are not persisted, I can add my sounds save the project then open again and all the sounds are gone. Maybe these are related.

Hey there,

Karim

I had the activate pro issue with b5.92, deleted it and installed b5.925 and it went away.

B5 has remained activated all the time.

I'm on win8 64 bit

Karim

I have the same problem. When I open Spriter, the status is "Spriter Pro Activated" with sub-options to "deactivate", but as soon as I open an existing project or try to create the new one, the status is changed to "Activate Pro" and I was offered to re-enter the code. I bought a license, so I doubt that is the problem. I have XP. :?

@Tombmonkey: thanks, I'll try that again and see if it resolves the issue.

@lucid: I'm sure you'll catch the little thing that's causing the deactivation when a project is opened or created, thanks for looking into the issue : )

Note: just like Tombmonkey said: the issue never happened in Spriter B 5 or earlier.

Karim

When I export my Cocoonjs file from Construct 2 and try to open it on my iPod 4 in Cocoonjs, it says that the .scon file is missing. I know this isn't true because when I open the zip file, I see it in there. I assume that you guys are going to change it into a single file system, that would be much less unwieldy. Thanks guys!

BUG: I'm getting a very troublesome bug where everytime i need to edit the timeline it goes white until I adjust the timeline window. Also I cant copy and paste keyframes or parts of them without the same thing plus the sprite images (sometimes the bones to) changing to some weird strange place. At this point in time I am unable to complete any animations. );

Also with the latest build of Construct 2 I'm unable to see that pictures or animation (anything from spriter) when I run it with the most current plugin.

Comp Specs:

Win 7 Home

2.1 intel duel cpu (i3)

6gb ram

Spriter version B5.99992

Construct version r152

Additional info can be provided if needed.

P.S. Has anyone else encountered this bug before?

Hi blazah99,

Sorry to hear you're work is being hindered by these bugs. I assume this means you need to make animations which require features specific to this pre-release? (speed curves etc).

In order to help Edgar find and squash these bugs as quickly as possible could you possible make a screen recording of these bugs as they happen and also email your Spriter project to lucid@brashmonkey.com ?

As for the issue with the C2 plug-in, did you watch the new tutorial videos? Are you exporting both the scml and scon as well as making sure the two options under "Other File Actions/Custom Save Options" are both checked (turned on)?

You can find the new tutorial videos here:

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/699/importing-and-controlling-spriter-animation-files

thanks,

Mike at BrashMonkey

Hi,

We had some weird issues with B6, the z-index parsed with our code didn't equal that of what was shown in spriter. The problem was spriter is saving some weird stuff:

As you notice, the same file, on the same time has two different coordinates.

This is a really bad bug as it corrupts animations.

Hi nixarn,

Have you tried moving the little tab representing that specific keyframe at time 800 to see if perhaps there's another key frame under it in the same exact place?

Of course, either way this should not happen so its a bug, but at least if its a simple matter of two keyframes existing in the same place it will be easy for you to fix the scml by deleting one of the two keys, and it will help Edgar fix the bug.

If not, can you please zip up your Spriter project and send it to Lucid@brashmonkey.com ?

thanks,

Mike at BrashMonkey

Nixarn,

Actually, having the two keys at that spot isn't a bug. You changed the pivot point at that time:

In order for this to work mathematically and visually, there's a remapping that takes place in real time in Spriter, but when you save, Spriter adds the precalculated data to the file.

In the mainline keys, the object_ref tags tell you a specific to get the x,y,pivot,etc info (as above), and you should tween between that and the next in your timeline, and pivot points as well as bone reparenting should automatically function the way it looks in Spriter without the implementation having to be aware of whether this is one of those keys. when you tween from key 7-8 using the bone and pivot information there, it should work from that mapping, and then with the new bone and/or pivot mapping tweening from 9-10. At that 8/9 point, visually it will appear unmoved.

There was a few rare special cases where the data provided wasn't correct that I found and fixed for the next release, but if your implementation isn't already using the references as above (more info here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12569), then that's the most likely problem.