Proper way to save, export, etc

MPRart

Hello, I just started using Spriter. I have some animation experience, i'm familiar with bones, timeline, etc.

What I'm having problems with in Spriter is finding the proper way to save my project so that I can come back to it and work on it. I save my project, open it back up, and all of my PNG's are gone, my bones and key frames are still there. What am I doing wrong, and what are the proper steps to save?

When my animation is complete and ready to hand over to my programmer as .scml what are the proper steps to go about doing this?

I've found a lot of good tutorials, but none on any of this.

Thanks.

Welcome, MPRart.

Sounds like you're saving or moving your .scml or .scon file to a different location after creating your animation. Spriter does NOT save the images into its data files, you must keep the .scml file in the same position relative to the folders with the images it uses...otherwise Spriter has no idea where to find the images.

A typical Spriter project folder structure is as follows:

1) main folder, with .scml or .scon

2) sub folders for the images your .scml or .scon file is using.

You can copy the main folder and all of its content to any usb drive or other computer and it will load again into Spriter just fine, but if you spearate the images from the .scml files or vice-versa, then they can't find each other.

I hope this makes sesne.

cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey

at MPRart,

Are you sure you are keeping the .scml file in the exact folder structure allong with your images as when you first created your project?

If so, could you do a quick screen-record video for us of your problem..Ideally making an scml file from scratch, adding sprites(images) to an animation, saving, then reloading with the images being no longer there.

thanks,

Mike at BrashMonkey