Spriter B6 pre-release ready for Windows testers

lucid

A second bug that always happened in B 5.999991 (Win 7 64bit):

Whenever I try to drag and drop an animation from an entity to another, then click once anywhere on the animations palette/side bar: Spriter crashes.

Or if it doesn't crash yet (didn't click yet on anything on the animations sidebar/palette): saving the file doesn't save that change of moving an animation to another entity section. (Two entities being used, entity_000 and entity_001)

After the install of yesterday (Spriter B 5.999991) I was able to import another Scml project created previously in Spriter B3 or B4 on a different computer (Win 7 32bit) into another Scml created also in the same former conditions.

But today I can no longer do any importing (certainly because Pro activation is no longer possible to save?)

Construct2 plugin:

For the Scml C2 plugin from 11-16-2013: setting the position of the Scml to a platform Sprite object i C2 works cool: it only has a kind of slight delay, as if the Spriter object is pinned to the C2 Sprite object with the pinning set as "rope style."

I tried to pin the Scml to the C2 Sprite to see if there was a difference: the result is exactly the same, and another C2 user told me he got the same result. I hope this can be fixed next time, I'm already excited that the plugin works now and animations are rather easy to shift, I just hope I can edit the animation entities again in Spriter without crashing, thanks in advance for any help!

Hi KFII,

Spriter does not yet support reordering animations or moving them from one entity to another...it will, of course at some point in the not too distant future, but this is why it's crashing for you...those features are not yet implimented and why the "change" is not saving.

To merge spriter projects, no matter what they must start from totally seperate folder sets, EVEN IF they use the same exact images, folder structure etc. (this limitation will likely change in the future). In other words, if you create a copy of the entire main folder of the spriter files you're trying to merge, and merge from the copy to the original, the merge will work fine...but trying to merge from one .scml into another that's already in the same folder will do nothing. Sorry, I know that's confusing... we'll address this when we can.. but just know, you can continue to merge by creating temporary coppies of the entire project to use as the source files for the merge.

As for the C2 related stuff, I'll review it with Edgar and he'll reply here when he can to let you know what kin of progress he's making to resolve any of these issues.

cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey

@ KFII and Mediadi,

A few questions:

1) Are you running Spriter as administrator?

2) Are you on a network of some kind?

3) What kind of anti malwar/virus protection are you using, and are there any signs of the Spriter activation file being deleted or quaranteened by it?

Thanks very much for reporting the issue. I hope we can resolve it for you quickly...there's got to be a common link for you two which could explain why it doesnt happen on Edgar's system, my own, or most other users systems...

cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey

Hi Mike!

Thanks for your replies and your time.

To answer your questions:

1- Running Spriter as Administrator: I just ran it as Administrator, still can't activate pro once a file is opened

2- If I'm on a network of somekind: yes I found i'm on connected to a "Public" network, this was certainly made when I tried to connect another Win 7 computer with my current one. But my current computer is totally offline for now, these days. (I mean no Internet and no other cable.)

3- Anti-malware/antivirus used: Currently I don't think I'm using any particular anti-malware except Avast antivirus. For this occasion I deactivated it for one hour, and deactivated all the Windows 7 firewall protections (there were two firewall protection parameters active), just to see if any is the cause, and so I tried again launching Spriter as Administrator, and I still have the same impossibility to activate Spriter when I open a file.

I also feel something may be possible to do for Administrator rights and stuff, will continue trying even if I'm not particularly savvy with Win 7 : )

Meanwhile if you have any suggestions I could try, then just tell me and I'd test it, thanks for your help Mike : )

Hi Mike,

I don't think it is system related i installed the old spriter and the issue was resolved.

I am running windows 8 64 bit so this will remove KFII issue on windows 7 .

I also tried to install spriter on my desktop and the same issue appeared.

Windows 7

Please find attached images showing the issue observed .

post-10833-14159834130281_thumb.jpg

post-10833-14159834133462_thumb.jpg

Regards,

Bob Jradi

Hello,

Here's what I tried today: I simply activated the highest level of administration "Elevated" in Windows 7 64 bits (which is the hidden elevated Administrator that has the 100% full control over the computer.)

So I uninstalled Spriter B 5.999991, reinstalled it, and by starting the soft the activation seems to be already there, but opening a file negates the activation again, and no matter how many times I activate again, the message keeps being "Activate Pro"...

This may mean it is not related to Windows 7 user restrictions etc.

After that, I installed Spriter B5 and it has no issue for activation (since I activated it before the activation was still saved) and it works cool both in elevated administrator session as well as in the "standard" user session. So it may be more related to the B 5.999991 version I guess.

I was wondering: would it be possible to make the activation work just like in Construct 2? A simple text file that's added to the installation folder?

In any case, I hope it can be fixed in the next release, I will also test on a Windows XP laptop and report back. Thanks again Brashmonkey, keep up the great work! : )

Karim

b5.9 seems more resource intensive in general than b5, not only the framerate loss I mentioned before but it also tends to hangs for a few seconds every so often (window turns gray, get program stopped responding windows message, generally higher CPU% use), this seems to happen when working with the timeline and it seems to be triggered when it draws the curve graph.

When working with the timeline, the curve graph will appear and make the keys under it unselectable, this is very annoying.

Good work on the redesigned timeline, it's much more clear which keys belong where now.

Copy pivots, paste pivots is great.