Universal DLL implementation

sonder

Hi - new to Spriter. I'll be creating a Spriter implementation for SwiftForth for this project: http://www.mprart.net/the-lady/ - when it's at a certain maturity level I'll create a thread for it.

Anyway, I got the idea while looking at the developer docs, it seems to me a generic DLL could be created that could create and process its own data structures per frame, and the client application would call a function that would do a frame's worth of processing, returning a pointer to a "display list" that would tell you what sprites to place where, in what order and with what transformations. Maybe it could go a step further and implement screen-space culling and potentially other useful features. This way, anyone using any language that can use C calling convention DLL's would be able to make use of all of Spriter's features.

Would anyone have any interest in this?

Welcome to the Spriter community, sonder!

I'm just an artist, but what you propose sounds potentially very useful for many potential Spriter implimentation developers.. Anything that can help people get Spriter supported in their game engine of choice, and in a tidy and optimized manner sounds fantastic.

Thanks so much for sharing your efforts with the rest of us.

cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey

• 3 weeks later...