Tutorials on Advanced Skeletal Animation

needyourdisease

Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone has come across any tutorials on skeletal animation that go beyond the basic walk animations and such. That's great and all, but I'd really like to get into the higher level techniques like image swapping. I thought it would be nice to know when to swap images and the kind of rotating tricks you see in professional animation.

A book or video tutorial would be great. Doesn't have to be directly Spriter related. Flash, After Effects or Anime Studio is fine.

Thanks for your help.

-Ben

hi needyourdisease,

I look forward to creating more advanced technique themed tutorial videos, but unfortunately I wont have the time for quite a while. Once B6 is out I'll need to redo most of the current tutorial videos to incorporate the new features etc.

I'm hoping in the mean-time someone else knows of some good generic bone animating tutorials they could link you too.

cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey

Thanks, Mike. I'll look forward to future tutorials and maybe someone can point me in the direction that I need. I might end up just downloading some animated shorts that impress me and slowing them down. It just surprises me that there are so few resources beyond your basic walk cycles and such. Maybe a kickstarter will pop up with some serious animation tutorial. Fingers crossed.