30 frames per second playback rate?

Isaiah Sherman

Hi Isaiah Sherman,

Spriter's timeline is based on time, not any specific FPS, because you might make animations with Srptier meant to be played back on a variety of platforms, all capable of reaching different frame rates. Animating based on real time and not a specific FPS insures the animations will keep the same timing no matter how powerful the system is that's replaying the animations.

Therefore, in Spriter if you want to make the animation last 1 second, then that's the default, make your last frame at the end of the time line and your first frame at the start of the time line.

That said, we understand many people are used to creating animations based on specific FPS or bight have a very specific FPS required for the final game... for these reasons we'll be adding an FPS mode to the time-line with will enforce any FPS you set it to and adjust the timeline "notches" accordingly. We can't guarantee how soon this feature will be added though, as it is necessarily a lower priority than the specific features remaining for the release of version 1.0.

cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey

The easiest way to do this is to set your time range to the framerate you wish to animate multiplied by the length of your animation in seconds. (A 1 second animation at 30fps would be a range of 30. 1.5 seconds, range of 45, etc.)

This way you can set things up as you're used to - then, when finished, you can set the range back to the length of your animation in seconds multiplied by 1000. (1 second animation = range 1000, 1.5 second = 1500, etc.)

Ticking the scale keys box will space them out properly, and in a sense, convert it from 30fps to 1000fps. =)

Hope that helps!

I'll have to give your technique a try, @TheDanaAddams . I was really hoping to use Spriter for cut scenes and close up character conversations like you see in Dust: and Elysian Tale. If I can figure out the frame rate, than I can create mouth shapes that sync to a piece of audio.

-Ben

They will add sound sampling in B6, so you can set up the cutscenes in spriter using the sound.