Spriter version B6 Teaser!

lucid

So much new stuff in a single update.

Awesome.

I guess you are getting pretty close to 1.0, only a handful of features left to implement and the functionality of the program increased quite a lot in this update.

Can't wait to get my hands on it, and can't believe I got all this for $25, almost feel like stealing.

Awesome! Been looking forward to the collision box feature to get implemented. The other features look really good too.

Had a thought. Will we be able to rig deformations to bones? That would be sick.

Good idea, and since deformations are already in place it shouldn't be incredibly hard to assign image points to bones, I think.

(I'm just getting a little bit worried that the great new features are going to make implementation in game engines more complicated.)

For the deformations, please also include a 'save' option that converts an scml file containing such deformations into one that doesn't; and where the deformed components are individually saved as images. So if you have a characters where only the belly-sprite is deformed, a sequence of (deformed) bellies should be exported; rather then exporting the while composited character. This would allow for deformations to be (sort of) used in engines that don't support them, while keeping the memory-footprint within reason.

(or if that is somewhat unfeasible, please give us the option to turn off specific (advanced) features to make sure features that are incompatible with certain engines are not accidentally used in animations for these targets.)

Hi everyone,

Great idea, we'll see what we can do, but that would certianly come some time after 1.0

That would be soon enough :)

I would also love to see (way beyond 1.0) the option to add notes to frames (textual or handwritten) to make it easier for another team-member to review the animations.

By the way...what happens when I were to open a file created in the PRO version in Spriter Free? - Specifically regarding these advanced features?

Hello again everyone,

I apologize for the long silence, and thank you for your patience. We're tying up the last few loose ends with the new ui elements, and final internal testing. Soon we'll be ready to release a new build for public testing.

I'm really looking forward to the b6 release.

I'm just about to do some animation compositions, and then write some interstitial scripting to tie together my TexturePacker and Spriter XML. Should I hold off a few days to wait for the new release? Will it have TexturePacker integration?

Thanks lucid!

Very impressive, this looks great, starts to look like ubiart framework :) It's not really free deforming because theres a grid which is probably not possible to shape in our own way but its kinda possible to deform body parts already if you chop up everyhing in joints, its not possible to animate something like rope, bending from straight line.I made quick lazy test with heffer and spriter B5, would look better with elbows and feet chopped in half to deform themVGYK2Wo.gif

I whish there would be something to make joints deforming possible and set grid so you would bend hand in elbow or bend leg in knee area using just single picture of entire leg and simple grid to mark joint areas.Separate hip and knee bodyparts are ok too but it all looks better if its one entire leg being deformed, it looks more organic this way and less cutout like.