How do you adjust the bones

not sure what you mean.

to move a bone, you drag the main part of the bone

to change the angle, you drag near the tip of the bone

clicking again on a selected bone displays the height and width controls

not sure if that answers your question or not.

I found that I had to move the image around the start point of the bone to get the right pivot point

Then move the whole bone and image to position the next one in the chain.

There was no way to adjust the finish points of the bones, The main thing I was trying was

couldn't do was move the end points of the bones separate to the image making it easier

to set the pivot points. It's a bit frustrating I can't seem to explain myself.

Thanks away.

post-10574-14159834109744_thumb.jpg

You want to further edit your otherwise complete bone set-up without messing up your sprites. I get it.

Worst case scenario, for now you can temporarily un-child the sprite and any child bone to that bone you need to edit, then edit it and rechild the sprite and any child bones.

We do however have a feature planned wher you can just hold or press a key and it will temporarily free all the sprites and children from each other so you can further tweak and perfect your skeliton.

By the way, you can stretch your bone to make it longer or shorter just by left clicking....little wite boxes will appear...the box near the tip is used to stretch the length of the bone, and of course you can rotate or move the whole bone. For now, though, you'd have to manually de-child the sprites and child bones before doing this, and then re-child them once you're done tweaking.

I hope this helps.

cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey

OK I think I get it now !

I will be more careful on placing the bones in the first place.

Will do a bit different work flow where I setup the legs and arms away from the body then

move them to the body once I have them working right, I just saw the duplicate tut so that will make it easy to.

I guess the first time around is the hardest till you know how to approach it.

That extra feature will be a big time saver. So thanks for the help excellent service indeed.

Midnight :D

• 1 year later...

I have just ran into this problem (I need to adjust the pivot point for a bone, that has many childs already).

You want to further edit your otherwise complete bone set-up without messing up your sprites. I get it.

We do however have a feature planned where you can just hold or press a key and it will temporarily free all the sprites and children from each other so you can further tweak and perfect your skeliton.

Did you ever get around to implement this feature?

• 1 year later...
  • 6 years later...
On 7/6/2013 at 7:17 AM, Mike at BrashMonkey said:

Worst case scenario, for now you can temporarily un-child the sprite and any child bone to that bone you need to edit, then edit it and rechild the sprite and any child bones.

We do however have a feature planned wher you can just hold or press a key and it will temporarily free all the sprites and children from each other so you can further tweak and perfect your skeliton.

By the way, you can stretch your bone to make it longer or shorter just by left clicking....little wite boxes will appear...the box near the tip is used to stretch the length of the bone, and of course you can rotate or move the whole bone. For now, though, you'd have to manually de-child the sprites and child bones before doing this, and then re-child them once you're done tweaking.

I hope this helps.

cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey

hi Man, i still confused to connect the bone where when i connect between arm bone and bone body....is not align. but there are still separate.