Status update 6/24/13

lucid

Just a quick status update.

I'm working on thorough developer documentation as part of a larger plan for universal scml support. We will outline this plan in greater detail in the near future. Significant work has begun on Spriter to add the next pro features, and I will resume that after I complete the documentation, which will also detail how to easily implement these new features. This documentation should be posted within a week, and then the next Spriter update will come soon after.

Hope you're enjoying Spriter b3, in the meantime, and thanks for your continued feedback, suggestions and bug reports.

I was wondering if freeform image deformation and skinning are going to make it into 1.0 or close after it.

In your kickstarter video you mentioned them as things you would like to add if you got over your goal, and since you almost tripled it I guess at least those 2 are going to happen.

Also, is there a roadmap somewhere about planned features that we can see?

I wouldn't say shortly after 1.0, but it's definitely a planned feature at some point after 1.0, as opposed to just a maybe. This is a complex feature though, and likely to take some time, and there's going to be a focus on getting scml ubiquitously supported and rock solid before then, so I definitely want to make it clear it isn't going to appear soon. As far as the roadmap, we plan to have all the pro-features (not including the stretch goals) implemented within the next couple of months, but in order to remain flexible with balancing fixes and adjusting priorities according to feedback, there's not a timeline for each feature.

Lucid, when you say the next feature is "likely" character Maps, how certain is this?

I ask as from what you said in another thread Character Maps is the ability to change/hide images in realtime, and use the same animation skeleton for multiple characters (same skeleton, different images), and this is a feature I am waiting for in order to push on with my project :)