<500 lines of code Spriter implementation

Zelex

I have a super simple spriter implementation I'm working on. Currently weighs in at just under 300 lines of code, but when I add in all the openGL stuff will probably bloat to about 500. I'm making it cross platform and what-not.

Is there any interest from people in getting a dead-simple implementation that is easy to integrate and easy to understand? I'm currently making it for my own projects, but wondering if others might find it useful.

• 3 weeks later...

weighing in at 338 lines of code, not including texture loading & the final quad rendering (but does include all the math to calculate quad verts) as I have those abstracted. It runs all the sample scmls I could find, including ones with bones quite well. Supports play once, looping, and mirrored animation playing.

I'll see if I can spend some time at some point making it stand-alone so I can release it without releasing my entire code base along with it. If you really need it ahead of that, send me an email or pm.

Less than 500 lines of code sounds interesting.

Are you sure, that every class of your implementation is not pressed into one line.

Which language are you using?

C++ lite, and yes :) its not all on a few lines of code. Its just well organized and condensed into the minimum functionality necessary to accomplish the task of loading, animating & rendering. I like simple interfaces :)

A few more pieces of functionality I want to add. I want to be able to flip animations on the X & Y axis. I also want easier access to bones for particle effects and such.

Update: nevermind w/ the flipping :) I already can flip by setting a negative scale.

• 2 months later...