Shadow : is it possible ?

HardcoreBadger

Hi,

i'd like to make animated shadows but they should look like the one i linked.

The problem is when i rotate them, it's weird because the lines are horizontal.

I'd like to modify the form of the shadow without changing the "inside", the horizontal lines.

If i could make an outline which i would rotate or move in the animation process, but with the inside not moving and totally fitting inside this outlined shadow, it would be great.

Maybe with some transparency i could do this but for now i didn't find a solution.

Is it now, or will it be possible in a near future ?

post-9694-14159834096701_thumb.png

Hi, ty foryour answer

but i have a lack of knowledge,

do you mean I replace the shadow lines (the picture i uploaded) by the same picture in green or i fill the shadow lineart with green ?

then i must find a solution to replace the green in every frame by the handdrawn shadow ?

Ty if you help more

and if anybody have another idea do not hesitate plz

Hi,

i'd like to make animated shadows but they should look like the one i linked.

The problem is when i rotate them, it's weird because the lines are horizontal.

I'd like to modify the form of the shadow without changing the "inside", the horizontal lines.

If i could make an outline which i would rotate or move in the animation process, but with the inside not moving and totally fitting inside this outlined shadow, it would be great.

Maybe with some transparency i could do this but for now i didn't find a solution.

Is it now, or will it be possible in a near future ?

There's no way to animate with "masks" directly in Spriter at this time (and certianly not until some time after 1.0 is released) but as tombmonkey seemed to hink, you might be able to do this within a game engine after the fact, by makign the shadow image a solid color and just using it as an alpa mash with which to display other images (the horizontal lines). But this is very advanced stuff. So, otherwize, your two options are either hand draw each needed shadow variation instaed of just trying to rotate one shadow image in Spriter, or switch to using a solid 50 percent transparent shadow image instead of solid horizontal lines...as a true, translucent shadow image coule be stretched and rotated as needed without looking strange.

cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey

yes i could do this too but it would differ a bit from the art style.

" you might be able to do this within a game engine after the fact, by makign the shadow image a solid color and just using it as an alpa mash with which to display other images (the horizontal lines). But this is very advanced stuff."

ah yes certainly i should ask on GMaker forums maybe

But i'll try the technique Tombmonkey said with Gimp, if i find how to replace the green by the shadow (i guess i'll have to look into the layers and masks options) then i may use something similar with GimpScripter to apply to the 50 img of the PNG file.

Btw if i use the .scml file directly later on i'll need to find a way with gamemaker, hmmmmmmmmm thank you for both ur answers.