Removing images from the SCML file

UberLou

I created a rigged character in Spriter. I realized that I have to separate the upper part of the body from the bottom so that the character can aim while moving. I saved two different scml files and deleted the unused bones and images, so I have the torso up on one rig and the pelvis down on the other rig. However, the scml file still references the deleted images and causes an error when I try to use the scml file in Construct. How can I properly remove the images so that they are no longer referenced?

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately I deleted the file before I saw your response. The problem can be recreated by taking any Spriter project, deleting some of the sprite files (directly from the windows folder, not from within Spriter), and saving the project. When you open up the scml file in an editor, it still references the deleted file even though they're no longer used.

OK, no problem. We'll get to the bottom of it. Thanks for your patience. Edgar is trying to wrap up the detailed documentation to help developers create full Spriter support on any game authoring system as effortlessly as possible. As soon as he's done he'll get back to work on bug-fixes and new features.

cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey