Flash animations to Spriter

fishmongr

Hey Spriter people-

This may be a long shot, but here goes...

I have a set of long character animations (some over 500 frames with 50 layers) already done in Flash but need to have those animations translated over to Spriter. Originally, the idea was to use shporter to export the flash animations & assets to an scml file. While this mostly works with the short (20 frame, 10 layer) animations I did, the longer ones take FOREVER to convert. When the conversion is finally finished, I can open the scml file with an xml editor. It is very long but everything looks like it is correct syntax. When I try to open the scml file with Spriter it locks up. Eventually the computer will pop up a message saying Spriter is not responding and ask if I want to close.

Is there a way to get Spriter to open those files? Does anyone know of a different way to get Flash animations into Spriter? Is there some kind of file size limit not allowing me to open the created scml file?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hey Spriter people-

This may be a long shot, but here goes...

I have a set of long character animations (some over 500 frames with 50 layers) already done in Flash but need to have those animations translated over to Spriter. Originally, the idea was to use shporter to export the flash animations & assets to an scml file. While this mostly works with the short (20 frame, 10 layer) animations I did, the longer ones take FOREVER to convert. When the conversion is finally finished, I can open the scml file with an xml editor. It is very long but everything looks like it is correct syntax. When I try to open the scml file with Spriter it locks up. Eventually the computer will pop up a message saying Spriter is not responding and ask if I want to close.

Is there a way to get Spriter to open those files? Does anyone know of a different way to get Flash animations into Spriter? Is there some kind of file size limit not allowing me to open the created scml file?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

hey fishmongr, very busy with the current build and have a few other projects in situations like this that I also need to take care of, so it'll probably take at least few days to get back to you, but if it's something really obvious I might be able to fix it sooner. Please send me the project folder (that contains the scml, and any subfolders and images) in a zip file to lucid@brashmonkey.com

thanks!

• 2 years later...