Thug Street

OrlanJRod

Hello there fellow Spriters!, i'm PixolPalette. I'm here to share my current on going project for the curious minds, in which i will be posting weekly updates about the development process, post concept art, and some game builds to try out! Note, there will probably be bugs, and if you find something, or the game crashes at some point, let me know and i'll get to fixing that up. I'm planning to post the game until it reaches past pre-alpha. The rest will be trailers and such. The goal is to do a Kickstarter once its near completion (i like to get it ported to the Sega Master System,) and get it on steam hopefully. Thanks for reading, and hope to here feedback from you guys. (This is not a game using Spriter by the way, though i paid for it.)

Thug Street is a 8 bit styled (Using the Sega Master system limitations) beat em up/city management game, where you play as Richie or Vincent leading a vigilante group to fight back against a vicious gang called the B.M.P. As the genre states, it is a cross between fighting the gang in a beat em up game fashion and maintaining the various streets and infrastructure from collapsing. I'll talk more about the mechanics in the coming weeks, so i'll leave you this week with a screenshot of the current pre-alpha version. 8)

tscreen.pngcitymap.pngcombat.png

Back again, with some concept art goodies to show. All concept art are done with a micron pen, and will remain in black & white. The style i am going for is a chibi/super deformed look, so that is why they have a chunky look to them.

The final concept art will appear in the artbook that will go along with the premium box version of the game.

More art to come Tomorrow. See ya next time.

This is one of the main characters named Richie, the american boxer ex-moviestar.

richie.jpg

This is the other main character named Vincent, the Korean taekwondo movie star.

vincent.jpg

This is one of the main B.M.P members called Dizzy.

dizzy.jpg

This is one of the hookers in the game. A B.M.P character called Sleazy is the pimp of these prostitutes.

hooker.jpg

You got Chuck Norris, Johnny Cage, thugs and furries, can't go wrong with that. LoL, you're getting too graphic with the background debris on the floor next to the furry though.

Haha yeah, you seem to get it. I should also mention that this game's theme is mature/goofy, so it not going to be E rated. Probably pushing teen. 8P

I'm back from doing the Ludumdare 26th (here is my entry if interested http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-da ... &uid=12199 ), in which i could not post updates.

But yeah, i am back to post a few more image before i go into actual alpha builds.

This is speedy, another of the B.M.P members.

speedy.jpg

The mayor of the city. Not as cool as Mike Hagger though, but an interesting character in the story. ;)

mayor.jpg

Veronica, the secretary of the vigilante group.

veronica.jpg

While thinking about the city of game, i thought what kind of stores might be in them. Each street has there own few stores in them, in which you can explore inside.

As you see, all of them have & in them, for my own childish humor of course. 8P

storelogos.jpg

storelogos2.jpg