Spriter Special Shortcut List

XtraTrstrL

Alt + (Drag) Left Mouse Button = Create & Transform Bones (or spawning points or collision rectangles)

(Hold) B (While Bone is Selected) = Select Toggle Bone Children

(Hold) M + (Drag) Left Mouse Button = Move 0,0 coordinate (frame offset) of entire animation.

Left click an already selected Bone= View Resize Controls for Bones

(Drag) Middle Mouse Button <> (Hold) Spacebar + (Drag) Left Mouse Button = Pan View in Canvas

(Hold) Ctrl + Mouse Wheel (While in Work Area) = Quick Zoom in Canvas

(Hold) Ctrl + Mouse Wheel (While in Timeline\Hierarchy\Z-order\File Palette\Object Palette) = Zoom

Ctrl + Space (In) >>&<< Ctrl + Alt + Space (Out) = Zoom (for when using a Stylus, Trackball, or Mouse w/o Wheel)

Ctrl + Alt +Shift+ Space = Restore Zoom to 100%

Ctrl + Up\Down (While a Single Sprite Selected) = Move Selected Sprite Up\Down One Position in the Z-order

Ctrl + Left\Right (While a Single Sprite Selected) = Move Selected Sprite to the Bottom\Top of the Z-order

Control + C = Copy selected item or currently selected data

Control + Shift + C = Copy an entire frame (Even if tweened between keyframes)

Control + Shift + V = Paste to all frames (If objects are parented on the copied frame, they will paste to the Parents on the Other Frames)

Control + D = coppy selected object and paste it to all key frames.

Shift + Delete key = Delete selected objects from all frames

(Hold) Ctrl (While you Drag, Rotate, Resize, or Apply IK to an Object or Group of Objects) = Clone (Clones will Retain Relative Parenting & Z-order to one another & will be Parented to the Original Parents if they were not Cloned)

Z = Select all Descendent Sprites and Bones of the Current Selection (i.e. Select Shoulder Bone, Tap Z, it will Select the Upper-arm Bone, and Forearm Bone, and All Sprites for All 3 Bones)

Shift + Z = Select all Ancestor Sprites and Bones of the Current Selection (i.e. Select hand Bone, Press Shift+Z, it will Select the Forearm Bone,  Upper-arm Bone, and All Sprites for All 3 Bones)

Arrow Keys (While Object is Selected) = Nudge Object 1 Pixel in Pressed Direction

1 = Go to Previous Keyframe

Shift + 1 = Go to the previous keyframe which contains a key for the currently selected object.

2 = Go to Next Keyframe

Shift + 2 = Go to the next keyframe which contains a key for the currently selected object.

Control + 1 = go back in the time line by 1 milisecond (If timeline snapping is NOT active)

Control + 2= go forward in the time line by 1 milisecond (If timeline snapping is NOT active)

Control + 1 = go back in the time line to the previous snap interval (If timeline snapping is active)

Control + 2= go forward in the time to the next snap interval (If timeline snapping is active)

3 = Rewind to Start

4 = Play

5 = Fast Forward to End

7 = Toggle Show Bones

8 = Toggle Lock Bones

9 = Toggle Show Sprites

0 = Toggle Lock Sprites

Edited by BrashAdmin
updated

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thank you @XtraTrstrL, I was looking for the shortcuts list :)

I have one question; is it possible to toggle on/off for onion skinning view? Or once I right click on the time line and see the green/red colors, how can I get out of that mode? (currently I quit the program and go back in, is there an easier way? Thanks!)

Thank you very much @lucid! (I started trying that before posting, but for some reason I didn't think it was a precise way enough, especially because I didn't use enough precision either!) But following your way solves it, thanks again! Also, I read you had an arm injury, so I wish you a fast and good recovery!

• 3 weeks later...

Adding a suggestion.

Being able to move the an object Z-Order across the entire animation. Made some art changes and now find myself needing to do entire animation z-orders on each frame :(

Actually, just the straight forward option to have any changes for bones, order, image, centre point be applied to the entire animation would be excellent. I could only think that angle, position, opacity and such changes not have full animation changes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Adding a suggestion.

Being able to move the an object Z-Order across the entire animation. Made some art changes and now find myself needing to do entire animation z-orders on each frame :(

Yes on this, please. I'm going through the same struggle

Look in the menu and you will find "edit/copy z-order to all frames"

cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey

• 9 months later...

Now that Spriter is released as 1.0 (GREAT WORK!!) is there a cheat sheet anywhere that has all of the current keyboard shortcuts in one big list? The first thing I always do when I'm acquainting myself to software is print a list of all the keybindings to hang up by my desk for quick reference.

I'm no stranger to compiling the list myself, but wanted to see if there was already something made up somewhere that is current to the 1.0 features and any changes to the shortcuts that may have occurred between the last time this thread was updated up until now before I took the time to put it together on my own.

Looked around in the software's help appendices but couldn't find anything after a quick skim/search of the index.

Thanks and congratulations on seeing the development through to the robust tool that you've crafted so lovingly!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Would be great to have shorcut keys for going one "snapping frame" forward or backwards instead of just moving only to ones with keyframes on them like you can using the "1" and "2" shortcuts.

Related to that it would be great if those "Go to previous/next keyframe" keys were mapped to non number keys. The current setup makes it really difficult to quickly tweak numbers in the object properties text boxes. I keep typing 1's and 2's into them instead of moving to the next frame I need to tweak.

Thanks!