Early Game Assets

soho54

This may still be a bit early, but why not...

This is a game I'm actively working on right now, and thanks to this past Thursday's build I was able to give Spriter a real trial run for the first time today.

I set things up using key frames for tweening in game, but I don't have a working importer (yet.) I just inserted a bunch of frames to the timeline at about a 30fps interval, and then deleted the off pace original key frames for this gif. This is what is causing the overly sharp transitions at the apexes. The speed of the arms and legs should be different there at the end, but it seems to have been averaged out here. Just noticed there is a color issue with the main bang as well. Anyway...

Click to Enlarge

th_testWalkingLeftA2.gif

This version is not using any sprite swapping yet. (Well other than the eye blink I added for testing.) I'll need to go back and add a couple of new feet sprites with bent toes to add the "push" to her step. I think I may need a few shirt swaps to give more of a flowing motion around the bottom too.

Here are a couple more WIP pictures using the actual current game content. I think I am happy with the new stuff, so I'll just go back and clean things up a little from here.

Click to Enlarge

th_Little-Girl-L_R.png th_ScreenCap1.png

These were my first attempts at building a level out of a bunch of individual sprites. The first is a quick pass with a bunch of alpha blending going on. The next is a values check with the same components from the first picture. I'm not really happy with the contrast separation between the characters and the backgrounds yet, but it's getting there. The last picture is composed of basically the same sprites only I removed the alpha, and added hard edges to all the background sprites. I got worried about overdraw for a while there.

Click to Enlarge

th_color-pass-2.jpg th_valuepass.jpg th_color-pass-3.jpg

I hope to have some interesting animations to show off soon. You guys are going to love the A4 build...