Downgrade

Synje

Hello, my team and I have been working on the game Downgrade. It's a 2D platformer game where you play as an anti virus software in an infected computer. You explore this world as you travel through the computer with levels like program files (where the programs lice), Desktop, and documents and settings. As your health goes down so does the graphics (the bit resolution). From 32bit to 16bit to 8bit.

Kap_intro_by_Synje.gifdowngrading_by_synje-d3nwhxp.gif

Doc_animations_by_Synje.gifVirus__Overwrite_Attack_by_Synje.gif

downgrade__trojan_boss_walk_by_synje-d3l0wa3.gif

Most of the sprites that I created for this project I used a similar program to that of spriter called Xpresss Suite Resource Manager. The company who made it went bankrupt and the program no longer works unfortunately.

When I first heard of Soriter I got really excited, not only because it's a great animation program but because I think using Spriter solves a problem we've been hitting. 

It's a lot of art considering every character and level has three different bit version and everything switches at the same time. We've also have problems finding a reliable programer.

So anyway I'm planning on redoing the animations we have so far with Spriter and maybe finding a good programmer in this community.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Haha very nice work Synje :)

I was also daydreaming about making , or rather continuing character design styles like the Megaman X series among other stuff, do you have a website? it would be very cool if you maintain a blog or somewhere we could learn more about your work, portfolio, or simply news about your latest works, have fun!

• 4 weeks later...

This is a great concept and the artwork is top notch too. I would recommend pushing the the differences in graphics even farther. The 32 bit ones could be even sleeker like a modern HD game. The difference between the 16 bit and 8 bit probably isn't drastic enough to make an impression on a mainstream audience.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 years later...