Spriter B1 Release

lucid

I second basically everything Uberlou has said. In particular I've found myself accidentally creating new keyframes all over the place a ms or so out from the one I'm trying to edit.

It would be nice if there was a way to copy and paste a bone and sprite group for all keyframes. Say for the instance you have a limb, you animate it perfectly then simply want a mirrored copy of that. I'm currently doing this by moving through every single keyframe copying and pasting the limb/tranforming it to mirror etc. Would be nice to have a better solution for this.

I've done a search, but couldn't figure out how to create a hierarchy of sprites. I can link them to bones, but I don't really need to use a bone system. Seems like an extra step at this point anyway since there is no IK yet.

Some suggestions

- It would be nice to have an option to snap to keyframes when scrubbing the timeline. It's sometimes difficult to pinpoint where a keyframe is.

- Sometimes it's difficult to rotate bones. I end up moving them or selecting another bone by accident. Maybe make the selection point to rotate a little larger.

- During bone setup, I want to scale the bone, but then default the scale to 1...if that makes any sense. Similar to resetting the transformation in other animation programs.

- I'd like an option to lock the layout. I keep moving the timeline by accident.

- In 3D Studio Max, you can drag spinners (the up and down arrows) to change the values. It would be a good timesaving feature to have here too.

- Also from 3D Studio, shift draging keyframes to copy them would be nice.

PS - this is the first time I'm checking out Spriter since the A4.1 version...nice job overall. Can't wait to see the pro version.

everything you've said sounds like good suggestions. one thing that can help until snapping is in there is double clicking a keyframe takes you to exactly that keyframe. Also the outline changes from black to white to show when you're right on them. There is basic 2 limb ik by holding shift while rotating a child bone, and the ik locking will be coming back very soon. Deeper (than 2 limb) ik will probably arrive after 1.0. A question about the hierarchy you mentioned, do you just mean you want the ability to use sprites in the same way you can bones?

I second basically everything Uberlou has said. In particular I've found myself accidentally creating new keyframes all over the place a ms or so out from the one I'm trying to edit.

It would be nice if there was a way to copy and paste a bone and sprite group for all keyframes. Say for the instance you have a limb, you animate it perfectly then simply want a mirrored copy of that. I'm currently doing this by moving through every single keyframe copying and pasting the limb/tranforming it to mirror etc. Would be nice to have a better solution for this.

BigJDTec, that is coming soon as well. We actually don't consider that a nice feature, it's pretty much a missing feature at the moment

A question about the hierarchy you mentioned, do you just mean you want the ability to use sprites in the same way you can bones?

Yeah pretty much. It would be faster to just create a hierarchy of sprites especially if I wasn't going to use IK. Not a huge deal, but it would eliminate a step. For some reason I thought this was supported in the a4.1 version...maybe not.

Another question - Is there a proper way to delete an object? When I hit delete now, it deletes the object at that frame, but I want to remove it from the entire animation.

Thanks for the snap to keyframe and IK tip.

Exactly like lou mentioned, it would be great if when I set the rotation point of one sprite/image onto another, it would stick to that spot similar to bone attachments. For animations where I do not want to use a bone hierarchy, this would make it much easier. For example to animate a leg moving, I have to position the upper leg, then move the lower leg to a place where the rotation point is in a similar (hopefully the same) point as it was before in relation to the upper leg. If it stuck to it, that would make it easier to keep the movement more precisely placed and less messing with trying to find the right spot again.