How to alter Z-Index or Order of sprites and flipping.

Ascorbius

OK, I'm loving Spriter and I'm looking forward to the full release. It's allowing me to do some great things but I'm hitting a wall with something.

First of all, how to I make something go to the background as part of an animation?

I've got a skeleton, I've attached sprites to it and I've got a nice rig to animate. However I need to be able to position items in the Z-axis.

For instance: An archer reaches behind his head to pull an arrow from his quiver. The hand has to go behind the head to pull an arrow for a few frames then be back at the front with arrow to complete the animation.

I can't find any Z-Axis control at all at apart from dragging objects around in the Objects In Frame view. This doesn't animate though. If this animated, I could use it to achieve what I described.

Secondly, how do I easily flip a sprite in the X or Y axis? Say an animation calls for a head to turn from right to left and back, following a tennis game. I want to use the same face sprite just mirrored. I can't find any way to do this.

Thanks in advance and Great work so far.

Hi Ascorbius,

I'm glad you found that z-order does indeed animate. Hot keys to easily flip, mirror etc. selected objects will appear if not in this upcoming build, then shortly thereafter. Many such "small features" which will make a massive improvement to workflow will be coming soon. Thanks for your patience.

Mike at BrashMonkey