What's left to do

lucid

Thanks for the update lucid, I'm looking forward to public release.

The missing features you mentioned are important, but these are the ones that I consider "crucial":

cut/copy/paste of keys and objects

ik/bone right click controls

persistent object widget

Not that the others aren't important, but there are the ones I would prioritize.

Right, The private forum was a teir reward specifically for Kickstarter backers who backed for over a certian amount. It would be unfair to them if we suddenly made those forums public, or less private...Also, keeping the private testing group at least a little bit limited in size keeps people from trying to use the private beta builds for big game projects prematurely, therebye causing too many complaints about bugs, when the whole point of the private testing builds is to find as many bugs as possible before releasing much more useable builds to the public....and again, under normal circumstances, the time span between useful private releases and public releases would typically be a matter of days.

-Mike at BrashMonkey

just wanted to touch base with those not testing the multi-daily builds.

So far the the testers(including Mike and I) uncovered and fixed several bugs and crashes. Thankfully, because of the much improved core, all the bugs have proved very quick to fix, and each day so far all reported bugs had been fixed roughly within a day of their reporting, ending most days with no known bugs. I can't give an estimate on how much time is left, as we don't yet know how many more bugs will be found or how quickly, but things are proceeding wonderfully, and the new build is getting awesomely solid. In between fixing reported bugs I'll be splitting my time between testing and implementing small additions to round out the upcoming version and make sure it's as useful as possible.

Once we go for a few days with no additional reports then I will start the process of deploying an installable build for Windows, Mac, and Linux. Not much to report until that time, but we will keep you posted as things get closer.

Hello,

Sorry for prompting you, i'm supporting Spriter and will continue to, with all my respect to your huge effort, and also to your clear exchange with the community.

I'm on a critical path for my project, and was initially expecting to use Spriter, may i kindly ask you a rough estimate of spriter release ? I believe that this is a key information for many of us, will it most likely be in 3 weeks ? 2 months ? What's your feeling today Lucid ?

Thank you in advance.

He won't release a date. Just that lucid is sealing up some of the gui and features for an early working release with some missing features. So it's just a matter of finishing up the sealed stuff and bug testing. I think they are bug testing right now. Though I do know how you feel. I was hoping for a Spriter that is easily usable for Construct 2. I'm aiming for an early April release and the animations are the last large bulk to be done.

Personally wait a few days for the pre 1.0 release for teams like us that need to get working soon :) shouldn't be too much longer :)

hi guys,

things are going exceptionally well. Bug reports on the upcoming beta have slowed to a trickle, and in between I've been fleshing things out so this release feels more complete. The vague answer is that we're definitely seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I know everyone wants something specific, and I'll be in a better position to give a real ETA by the end of this weekend.

We all, the ones that preordered (no kickstarters), would love to see those daily builds or, at least, a version more estable than the a4.1 we're stuck in.

We decided to take a risk and base all our UI in Spriter by the announcement of an stable version in mid December. I know there's been unexpected problems, we understand that, but we'll greatly appreciate a better treatment due the increased release time. The truth is that we're 2 week off our official release date and we're suffering crashes, broken animations by adding another element, and so on.

I didn't know about Spriter until the Kickstarter had finished, but how long do those people who did back it have exclusive access to the new version over people who have bought licences?

I want to buy a licence but there doesn't seem any incentive right now as I would still be stuck with the alpha and a continual release date of "soon"...which has been the stock answer in posts since before xmas.

This isn't meant as a dig at all, I think Spriter is awesome and can't wait to get the new version, its just so frustrating having to wait around on a proper release date.