spriter beta

LeapOfFate

• 1 month later...

Hi LeapOfFate,

Terribly sorry about this huge delay in my reply. I'm not sure how I missed your post until now...

There is a lot of information availible for the status on the current new build in the works. Please note the last post by Lucid (Edgar)

http://www.brashmonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9807&start=50

cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey

just wanna say this tool is really one of the most useful i found !

I thought making idle animations would be easy but it's not (i'm not drawing pixel art), and it uses a lot of frames, many more than motion animations, and so it's hard to add those little differences between each drawing (and i'm doing it with a pen and a paper)

hopefully i found spriter, it saves me ! otherwise i have no idea how i would have done the idle anims

That's a shame, lucid, precision entry is such a basic and important feature.

I just can't think about anything more essential than that. I don't care about bones, onion skin or the overall look of the app as long as it is usable. How are you supposed to align objects? Putting a ruler on top of your screen?

For us, this is a complete deal breaker, we can't wait for the next 'few versions' :(

hi xamar. Sorry for the late reply. I apologize for the missing features. As you can imagine, there are many different versions of the "most basic feature" and dealbreakers from each developer and artist. If not for the arm situation making this build so late to begin with, there would be no missing features. I know the lack of certainty is frustrating, and I can't promise a time frame, but there will be a new version next week already. The next release will not necessarily have what you're looking for yet, but releases will be closer to that time frame than this last one. So next few versions doesn't mean months from now. We're doing our best to catch up to the previous version with features, and then get on the road to 1.0 as quickly as possible. Also, follow this thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11213 for up to the minute fixes and feature updates for the Windows version (between release) until we're caught up and stable.

Agree.

I'm sorry for the tone of the previous message. I wish you a good recovery and I'll continue monitoring new Spriter releases.

As a tip, the guys of Spine have a Trello board that makes peeking at what is being done and what is still to do. It would be nice to have a similar one for Spriter so we'll be able to track our 'key' features we need to start using a new version. The people can even vote to prioritize a feature. As an example you can take a look to theirs at https://trello.com/board/spine-editor/5 ... 521c0059d9

Kind regards,

Pablo

hi xamar. Sorry for the late reply. I apologize for the missing features. As you can imagine, there are many different versions of the "most basic feature" and dealbreakers from each developer and artist. If not for the arm situation making this build so late to begin with, there would be no missing features. I know the lack of certainty is frustrating, and I can't promise a time frame, but there will be a new version next week already. The next release will not necessarily have what you're looking for yet, but releases will be closer to that time frame than this last one. So next few versions doesn't mean months from now. We're doing our best to catch up to the previous version with features, and then get on the road to 1.0 as quickly as possible. Also, follow this thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11213 for up to the minute fixes and feature updates for the Windows version (between release) until we're caught up and stable.