Timpart Spriter Test Suite

timpart

The Spriter SCML has plenty of powerful features, but can bit a bit overwhelming to implement all at once. Full blown animations can use features you haven't debugged yet and leave you wondering exactly what has gone wrong.

To help overcome this I have started writing a suite of tests which go through the SCML features one small chunk at a time. That way you can concentrate on getting all the bugs out of a limited area before moving on to the next.

I've put it on Dropbox as a directory of files you can add to your own drop box. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gsmbqc62fz224cl/s82_KJhKPC

Dropbox also gives the option to download as a zip file for those who aren't on Dropbox or don't want to add this to their drop box..

I am happy to have comments and suggestions about the test suite, but regret I don't have time to advise on SCML plugin implementation and debugging. Please use Edgar's official thread for that.

Regards,

Tim

My library complains of duplicate mainline object IDs. From a glance at the SCML, it looks like you don't specify the "id" attribute of the mainline objects.

Is there a better place to host these files so that collaboration is easier? If you don't have anything else, you're welcome to merge the test suite into my repository and maintain it there.

My library complains of duplicate mainline object IDs. From a glance at the SCML, it looks like you don't specify the "id" attribute of the mainline objects.

You are indeed correct, seems I shouldn't have trusted Spriter quite so much. I created the files with a3r1 but even a4r1 doesn't put ids onto non-tweened objects when it saves the file. (It loads and runs the files just fine though, so perhaps it is relying on something else.)

I'm away from the machine I used to create the files, but I'll update soon.

Thanks for the feedback,

Tim

• 3 weeks later...