[request] Simple Example for Coders

mrwonko

I think there aren't a lot of SCML features implemented in Spriter yet. The important ones are there, like tweening and bones, but character maps, atlases, temp bones and objects, and the rest are not ready.

My implementation, SCMLpp, is up-to-date with Spriter A4.1 and includes several C++ renderers. The SCMLpp.cpp source file currently contains all of the SCML loading (SCML::Data) and all of the animation logic (SCML::Entity). There are three sample SCML files, one of which has bones. It's worth taking a look at and I'm wide open to collaboration.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1133

Oh, I might not have been clear - I wasn't looking for a reference implementation, but an example scml file, hence me posting in the Art section. But browsing your topic you do mention a sample in your repo, so I might check that out once my implementation is far enough to be testable. I've got my own simple test file, too, but I don't know if it uses all available features.

I've been thinking of producing a series of test cases that explore SCML one feature each, but I haven't been able to find the time yet. These would be simple shapes moving around, not flashy full blown character animations; the idea being to get wide coverage of features overall and to be able to pinpoint exactly which feature isn't working properly. With a real life aninimation that isn't working well you might have to delve into thousands of lines of SCML and try to work out which feature is involved

I've been thinking of producing a series of test cases that explore SCML one feature each, but I haven't been able to find the time yet.

That sounds quite reasonable. You don't have to do it alone (since you found no time so far) - that sounds like it could easily be done by multiple people.