Bugs, Crashes and Suggestions

jedd

Hi, I have been testing Spriter Release Alpha 2 and found various bugs, crashes and i also have a few suggestions. This was found using the free version if that makes any difference.

General Bugs:

Double clicking a .scml loads Spriter but not the project

Currently if you use opacity and save the project it does not remain, i guess this is not supported fully yet.

Crashes:

1) Start a new project

2) Drag a item from the File Palette to the main area

3) Go to the Objects In Frame and expand the item

4) Go to edit a value

It will crash

---

1) Load the Monster example

2) Click the first keyframe and press delete

3) Move the main timeline slider

It will crash

---

1) The keyframes sometimes vanish from projects after loading

2) Re-save

It will crash as soon as you press play. My guess is after a re-save it breaks the file format then it's trying to run something that is not found so it crashes.

Suggestions:

More detailed grid lines and also a way to toggle the grid

A shortcut in the View menu to reset to 100%

Don't add keyframes simply on selection of a object, it should probable only add if there is a change made

A add keyframe button

General Bugs:

Double clicking a .scml loads Spriter but not the project

this is known, and is just something we have gotten to yet

Currently if you use opacity and save the project it does not remain, i guess this is not supported fully yet.

no, this was a bug. thanks for the find. it's fixed for the next version

Crashes:

1) Start a new project

2) Drag a item from the File Palette to the main area

3) Go to the Objects In Frame and expand the item

4) Go to edit a value

It will crash

---

1) Load the Monster example

2) Click the first keyframe and press delete

3) Move the main timeline slider

It will crash

---

thanks for finding, fixed both of these for the next version

1) The keyframes sometimes vanish from projects after loading

2) Re-save

It will crash as soon as you press play. My guess is after a re-save it breaks the file format then it's trying to run something that is not found so it crashes.

couldn't reproduce this one. but it may have been fixed with along with several other stability fixes that I've been working on since the last release

More detailed grid lines and also a way to toggle the grid

A shortcut in the View menu to reset to 100%

Don't add keyframes simply on selection of a object, it should probable only add if there is a change made

yes to all of these, just a result of the early state of the program

A add keyframe button

added in the next version

• 3 weeks later...

Using Spriter A3 R1 -

Crashes

1) Load the monster example

2) Click "Posture" in the Animations list

3) Click the Delete Animation icon

Spriter will crash

Problems

Importing project now seems to work much better. I noticed however that there still a problem if you save with a keyframe at the very end of the Timeline as it will vanish once the project is loaded again.

I guess it's not a bug but i noticed if you use the file browser thing to the right and you rename files it will directly rename the original file without even asking if it's ok. Before i noticed this i used it to rename parts from the monster project just to a title then later found all the files then had no file extension so i re-downloaded it again. So maybe it would be good to show a prompt if you rename and forget to add the file extension. :)

Using Sprite A3:

I get random crash when I use the skip to next keyframe either using icon '>>' or shorcut Key '2'. At first i thought this was becuase there was no Keyframe to skip too, but it has also crashed when 2+ keyframes were present.

Also if i open an old project or start a new one all the following option stay greyed ( i am fairly new to tool but sure this isn't right):

File > New Project, Open Project, Close Project, Save Project, Save new Version. Also some other options that are always grey are: Undo, Redo, Cut, Select All and Clone Animation.

hi edgar

do you have a ballpark numbers for when we could expect some basic usability features like copy& paste of keyframes, undo/redo, duplication of animations, grouping of sprites etc. :)

edit: btw is there a reason you write the file format suffix SCML uppercase? this makes alot of problems with case sensitive engines and the more or less general rule to write such stuff lowercase.. :D

cheers

hi edgar

do you have a ballpark numbers for when we could expect some basic usability features like copy& paste of keyframes, undo/redo, duplication of animations, grouping of sprites etc. :)

edit: btw is there a reason you write the file format suffix SCML uppercase? this makes alot of problems with case sensitive engines and the more or less general rule to write such stuff lowercase.. :D

cheers

No particular reason the suffix is in uppercase. It's changed starting in today's daily builds in the forums.

copy paste of keyframes, undo/redo, duplication of animations will all be in the next release on our around october 1st.

grouping of sprites will come later. bones provide some of the same uses as well as their own advantages, and will arrive in the next build as well.