How to support cocos2d-x?

slash

The guy that did the cocos2d demo put all the code up, so you can just pull it and make a few modification to work with the cocos2d-x calls. If you can use cocos2d-x you can handle this.

I can't remember where he put it up. I think there was a site forum where he talked about it, and he put it on github. Just google the Spriter cocos2d combination, and it will pop up. That's how I found it anyway.

Spriter doesn't actually support anything.

It just outputs a simple XML like data file that can be easily worked into most any framework. That's the beauty of it.

When the first kickstarter beta came out there was a handful of guys who made a quick importer for their framework of choice. A guy over on cocos2d-iphone.org made up a parser for vanilla cocos2d to prove to the guys over there how easy it was.

Video:

Code: https://github.com/talentless/spriter-cocos2d

This code will not work with the new Alpha builds "as is" though. There have been some changes to the file Spriter exports. You can still get the original beta from the BrashMonkey main site.

By the time final Spriter version 1.0 gets released (around December as of now) then there will be a mad rush by people to get to get support to their individual platforms. I can't think of a single game engine or framework where Spriter has not been brought up several times on their main forums. Once the final file format is cemented, and a stable version is released you should be able to find what you need pretty easily.

If you need it now, and you have the coding chops, you can take this code and the new SCML file info http://www.brashmonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=751, and roll your own parser for cocos2d HTML.

Hope this helps.