Purchase Spriter Pro

Qaz

Hi All,

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere however I cannot seem to find the exact information.

With the current Spriter Pro:Pre-order, do you automatically get access to the beta pro version or do you have to wait for full release of V1.0?

My understanding is that there currently is a close Beta which was accessed primarily from the kickstarter initiative which is no longer active.

Also with the current purchase of Spriter Pro:Pre-order is the Construct 2 plugin included within the price (when it is released) or will it require further purchase? On that note will other plugins be extra also?

Cheers

Hi Qaz,

To keep things simple we just expanded the free version to include exporting PNG's with alpha (which had been the only pro feature in the current beta). And because no other pro-specific features have been added yet there's just the one beta, which anyone can download from www.brashmonkey.com

What the pre-order does is reserve a copy of Spriter Pro once it's released at this reduced pre-order price as a thanks for your support as an "early adopter". It also reserves any one first party plug-in (pro-version) or any one 1st party art-pack of your choice, once they become available of course.

Our plan for all 1st party plug-ins is to release a free, reduced feature version and a fully featured commercial version (similar to Spriter), but because the Spriter data format is open, anyone can create plug-ins, and unless they make arrangements with us to become the official plug-in for that specific platform, they are not obligated to follow this model.

I hope this clarifies things,

Mike@BrashMonkey

Thanks Mike,

That clarifies things thank you.

Two more little quick questions...

I know there is unlikely a definite answer however any updates on an ETA for the full release? And will final pricing be announced before release?

Also with reference to the other post yes mods would be good. I appreciate the time restraints of a small team which is all the more reason to recruit mods. 48hrs is a long time in the online world and as you near full release the team needs to be aware of PR issues to help make Spriter successful.

All the best with the developement/release.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Qaz,

We're still on schedule to hopefully deliver Spriter 1.0 around the end of December. We should also have a couple of art packs ready by then and most likely there will be more than a few fully featured third party Spriter plug-ins for popular game authoring systems by then as well.

Updates will come at least once every two weeks now as well.

cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey