Using 3d Models as guides For Spriter

I'd already posted this in the private Nnar development forums, but figure everyone should get a peak.

Hi Everyone,

I've commissioned accoplished 3d artist Saika Fu to begin creating fully rigged low poly 3d models of the cast of Characters from Prophecies of Nnar. To create the 2d animations for the game, 3d models will first be animated and then rendered out, to create guide frame images which will then be recreated in Spriter using hand "painted" body part images.

NOTE: this is not intended as an actual animation for the game, its simply to demonstrate the quality of the model and rigging.

This method not only leads to the highest quality animations in the lowest amount of time, but we'll also be able to render out the animations from other perspectives to quickly create Spriter art packs for overhead and isometric games such as classic Zelda titles.

Also, These models are expertly done and optimized (low poly) so if we ever want to make an actual 3d Nnar title, we'll already have all the fully animated 3d characters ready to go!

More characters and actual animations to come. Stay tuned!

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

Now this is something I like to see in this program.

I do something like this using Poser and Daz3D to make ISO or 2.5 Sprit.

Right now I am rendering out 2D pic to try out in Spriter .

So far Daz3D is working out the best becuse you can tern on and off body part and render each part and save and nameing it for the bone part you just render.

I am hoping that you mite at some point build in suport for 3D for use for BVH this way I can use just one program to build all my Sprit so I  am sort of hoping I did reading your post right on 3D.