Welcome to this new section for Spriter Art Packs

• 11 months later...

I have a question regarding art packs.

Do you guys plan on setting some kind of marketplace for content creators to use? Or everyone will be on their own on how to distribute and sell the content they create.

It would be nice to have a marketplace where people can make an account and submit spriter related content to be put on sale.

Like Tombmonkey, I am also very interested to see what Spriter Art Packs can offer, and what I can contribute to them as well.

It would be really awesome to have a access to a marketplace for Spriter artists to make different types of objects available for developers, I guess this part will start to be shaped when Spriter is officially ready at version 1.0, I'm currently testing my first anime style character and it's a lot of fun :)

Hi eveyone,

The first two art packs are getting close to finished, but can't be perfected until a few more features make their appearance in Spriter itself. Sorry for the long silence about the art-packs. I'll try and create some sort of preview for them in the next week or so.

A marketplace for anyone who wants to create art packs or additional animations or alternate art for our first-party ones is something we have planned... It will likely just start simple, like a specific section of the forums, but will become much more sophisticated as we have time to expand on it.

cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey

• 2 weeks later...

I had an idea and wanted to ask, is there a requirement that sprites be included in a file? I mainly ask because I thought it would be worthwhile if someone were to put out just some Spriter Animations using just bones with no included sprites. For example a walk cycle, etc... that way people can start with a base animation and then add their sprites and tweak as needed... just a thought...

Hi BluePhaze,

It's a cool idea, but the 1st party artpacks we'll be offering will include art, as many people are not artists, and will have a much easier time painting over/altering art that is already there...also, replacing images that already exist is in general going to be faster and easier (and less prone to placement issues, joint misalignment etc) than adding and assigining images to pre-existing bones.

Of course anyone else is free to create any original content they want and distribute or sell it however they see fit.

cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey

• 2 weeks later...

Hi son1cman,

All first party (made by us) art packs will come in two different versions:

1)Essentials version, Which will be free for all Spriter Pro purchasers to use for their games (free or commercial games)..these essential versions will hav the mist important animations, but not as many as the second version of the art packs.

2) The full, commercial version of the art packs, which will just have many more animations and art for its particular genre.

cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey

PS. Sorry about the long delay in a reply...been really busy...trying to finish these first two art packs, in fact. ;)

first two are "basic platformer" and "game effects"

Hi tombmonkey,

The first two art packs are on schedule to be released either the same time as the official release of Spriter 1.0 or slightly sooner.

The first two art packs are:

1) Basic Platformer : A fully animated platformer game character (male and female skins), several basic enemies, a sub boss and a boss (also fully animated), plus some platformer related effects.

2) Game Effects : A large collection of special effects for games including a variety of explosions, impact flashes, electricity/lightning effects, etc.

All forst part art-packs we create will be released in two versions:

The essentials version: Free for all who have purchased Spriter Pro, with the most important animations for that particular genre.

The full version: The commercial version. (price undecided but will depend on that particular art pack, how many animations, images, and the complexity of the animations and art included).

cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey

• 1 month later...

I am SO waiting to see the art pack in ALIVE!

*good work guyz, hope u make it soon :D

Hi tombmonkey,

The first two art packs are on schedule to be released either the same time as the official release of Spriter 1.0 or slightly sooner.

The first two art packs are:

1) Basic Platformer : A fully animated platformer game character (male and female skins), several basic enemies, a sub boss and a boss (also fully animated), plus some platformer related effects.

2) Game Effects : A large collection of special effects for games including a variety of explosions, impact flashes, electricity/lightning effects, etc.

All forst part art-packs we create will be released in two versions:

The essentials version: Free for all who have purchased Spriter Pro, with the most important animations for that particular genre.

The full version: The commercial version. (price undecided but will depend on that particular art pack, how many animations, images, and the complexity of the animations and art included).

cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey

• 11 months later...

Resurrecting to ask a quick question.

When i've purchased a Pro version, i've received links to essentials packs. Downloaded just fine, but some time later i had a problem with my hard drive and lost these.

Recently i wanted to re-download them again from my "purchase page", but all i see is "Download Expired". Is it possible to download these or they are like "limited time offer" ?

• 3 months later...