Compressed File Format

Abel

Add some kind of format for Spriter which exports the file as a zip file containing the descriptor and all the images with the folders. Something like "spz" or something (SPriter Zip XD). I think all the languages have libraries for loading zip files (AS3 has them), and for some languages where you need to embed each resource manually (I'm talking about AS3 again xD), needing to embed a single file would be much better (so, instead of having to embed EACH image, you just embed the spz file and you're done!)

What do you think? That'd really improve stuff in the AS3 version, but I'm not sure about the other implementations.

A good thing about the current setup is that it means one less intermediate format. I can save as PNG from Photoshop (or whatever) and use those files directly from both Spriter and the game engine. That saves a lot of space on my development hard drive, instead of having the same images in yet another format. (It'll be in at least three versions anyway - the original file, the PNG and the final game file.)

IMO this is not necessary. If you or your team needs all files to be packed up in zip files (or other archive files) it shouldn't be hard to do so self. But of course I won't mind if it is just added as an extra feature in Spriter. Personally I don't need this feature.

I definitely like this idea. The way I would see it is during development you save your data as a folder, then once it's finalized and wish to have things be nice and compressed you export it as the 'spz' file. You would write your engine to be able to read both.

Spriter should be able to import/export these formats just like it can from plain files right now.

• 2 weeks later...
IMO this is not necessary. If you or your team needs all files to be packed up in zip files (or other archive files) it shouldn't be hard to do so self. But of course I won't mind if it is just added as an extra feature in Spriter. Personally I don't need this feature.

Well, if you were using AS3, you'd need this feature, because without it you need to type EACH SINGLE FILE you're using on an Assets class... which is a little bit tedious :P