How To Use Spriter Pro

kslr

Hey guys, I supported Spriter and got my Pro Version. I Just started a new game in Construct2 and was wonder if there is a quick how to for the program. I have been fiddling around and mashing buttons but I am not sure how I see my animation in the ani window. I also would like to know how to export to use in Construct 2. Thanks guys!

kslr,

It sounds like you're using the Original (OLD) Spriter...not an old build, but the completely different prototype version of Spriter I had made!

There is doccumentation and tutorial videos for that, But I suggest you skip that and use the beta of the all new Spriter that Edgar (Lucid is making from scratch)...its not fully featured yet, but has a much nicer interface, frame rate etc.

Also, the old prototype Spriter saves in an old data format.. so if you do work with it, you'll need to use a converter program to convert from the old to a new format so the new Spriter can load it.

Also, A plug-in for Construct is being made, but does not yet exist! You can make your animations in anticipation, and save them out for now as full frame images to use in Construct 2 if you want...but ideally you'll want to later re-"code" your game to use the Spriter animation format instead of full frame images.

If you go to www.Brashmonkey.com you can find the download link for the beta of the new Spriter, and a "getting started with Spriter" video.

If you want to use the old spriter for some reason, reply here again and I'll give you links to the manual and videos for the old Spriter.

Of course, becuase you purchased the Spriter, you'll get the full Pro version of the new version for free once its availible.

cheers,

Mike Parent

oh snap, thanks for the great info mike! I think I am using the old one. I was half awake this morning went to bed late and woke early. HAHAHA zzzzzooooooggg. Ok so I will peep the new beta stuff. I think I need to do some research. I thought it shoot out sprite sheets. So what I am guessing is that it shoots a data file with the positions of the pieces? :mrgreen: I am kind of a noob boob with this stuff. :mrgreen:

Hi kslr,

Glad to help, I also made a quick getting started video which you can see here:

A construct 2 plug-in is in the works which will load in the actual Spriter data and recreate the animations on the fly. If you cant wait for that, Spriter can already export the finished animations as sequential images, which you can use in any game engine.