Coming soon

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Fabian Schempp,

The silence is just because Edgar and I are so busy on the cross-platform version of Spriter and art packs and until the new file format is finalized real work on the full blown plug-ins can't really begin.

We do have someone lined up to make the Construct2 plug-in, but he won't be able to start until that time, which should be fairly soon. Stay tuned for news from Edgar later today.

cheers,

Mike@BrashMonkey

• 2 weeks later...

C++ APi please, I could use it for my current project,

remaking a cross platform version of ADV,

http://www.deadlyassets.com/ADV/ADV.html

am keeping it a bit retro looking and hoping to have versions for PC/MAC/iPAD/ANDROID

Spriter would fit right in nicely as it would help get the 100's of monsters in there as well as giving the player characters more than move and 1 attack animations :-)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@lucid @BrashMonkey

We would like start a new project using Construct2 and Spriter.

I asked before and

i saw, you already demonstrated an early version working.

Would it be possible to get an Alpha version of this Construct2 plugin?

(even if it is complicated to use, hardcoded, full of bugs, or whatever), just that we could experiment with the possibilitys early on.

Fabian Schempp,

I'm currently working on what will become the Construct 2 version, and I do plan to release the early, hard to use, full of bugs version, because the Scirra community has been waiting for a long time. The previous version worked very differently, and also required alot of initial setup. I will be caught up with that previous version in a matter of days. After that, I will be giving it over to Ashley to create a custom loader that automates a tedious process which involves looking at the SCML file, and manually creating a very specific number of sprites, with very specific names, and specific images for specific frames. The current process is nearly as tedious, and it'd be better to save yourself the trouble of learning one tedious process learn and perform another tedious setup process in a few days, and scrap your whole test cap. Also, in the time it'd take me to explain the process, I could get a huge chunk of it done. So, please bear with me a few more days. The new plugin also works very differently than the previous, so you can do different things with it.

@haris, there is a cocos2d plugin https://github.com/talentless/spriter-cocos2d by taco graveyard, and another in the works for cocos2dx here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=870 , by dr.watson.

Also, update on the Construct 2 plugin, caught up to where I was before, using the new method. Sent the necessary code to Ashley to do some c2side enhancements. If I don't hear back from him by tuesday, or he tells me it's going to take a while (which, he's at least as busy as I am, so most likely it can't be an immediate thing), I'll post what I have so far, despite it being very tedious to create and name everything manually, which will be completely automated once Ashley finishes his end. There's still most of the actions, conditions, expressions left to add, but the hard part is over. Also, it runs ridiculously smooth. Unfortunately, I can't publish an example site, because of name minification at export, which basically means, until Ashley's part is ready, the sites can only be previewed. But rest assured, this new way of doing things will make things beyond awesome. You'll be able to assign effects and take control of individual body parts at any time. Also, the description would be confusing without an example, but when you see what's possible as far as easily making insane guis with almost 0 events, it's gonna be beautiful.

Hey there, curious kickstarter backer here wondering if this will work with the RPG Maker line of tools.

I work in Unreal style engines at work, but have a background in illustration and am excited to use Spriter to start the implementation of a 2-d game idea I have in my free time.

RPG maker seems like a good place to start.

Thanks and continued good luck on the project!!

• 2 weeks later...