Windows implementation

joecastro

First, congratulations on making your Kickstarter goal! :)

I was wondering what you're using for the custom window chrome and MDI management in the beta? There are some odd behaviors with it, not really related to Spriter's core tech, but I wasn't sure if you were rolling your own or using some library or if what's there is just a stop-gap.

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...

Odd behaviors indeed. Having a multi-monitor setup and an odd aspect ratio (9:16) for my primary screen, it didn't even take me 30 seconds to notice this.

It doesn't respond to any resizing commands (like Win_Key+Right_Arrow/Left_Arrow or external window resizing commands from other programs like DisplayFusion Pro); if you maximize on a secondary monitor the window completely vanishes; dragging the window from the titlebar in Win 7 should unmaximize the window so you can move it; and no Restore/Maximize/Size/Move commands when you right click on the program from the taskbar or click on the upper left icon of the window (alt+spacebar). I mean this all in the nicest sense possible. Animating functionally certainly seems here, but it really just doesn't operate as an actual Windows program should so far.

Anyway, keep up the good work.

If the window toolkit is still not set in stone, I'd like to propose using Qt. It has awesome cross-platform compatibility and you can still use OpenGL directly on it (and DirectX too, but if you are targeting both Windows and MacOS, OpenGL makes more sense, and you also get it to work on Linux as a byproduct ;) ).

Just check out some of the demos: http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.7/demos-affine.html

It can also be made to look like the current beta, since Qt uses stylesheets similar to CSS to customize the appearance.