Tweening the animations

cyberchris

Hello,

I have implemented an importer for java with openGL with libgdx. But for the animations I have a problem.

I interpolate the positions between the frames linearly. For every sprite in the current frame I check, if the same sprite also exists in the next frame. If yes, I interpolate their values like position, angle and so on linearly depending of the current time between these two frames.

But while importing the walking knight, I realized, that not all sprite must occur in all frames.

If a sprite does not exist in the next frame and instead another sprite (different foot image for example) should be displayed, I dont know, how I should know, that I have to interpolate the values of these sprites, since they have different images attached.

Since I see, that in spriter the animation works, I would like to know, if there exist some other information the in the file that I oversee?

Thank you,

Chris

I answered you in kickstarter, but in case anyone sees this thread, and also wants to know.

At this point in the beta, tweening is not a complete feature, and we'll be updating the file format to include tweening info once we get it fully integrated.

not sure where (website, forum, kickstarter) but i've read that you give out the file format descriptions to developers for early integration into their game/tools etc.

where would one need to apply to get access to the file formats build up description (instead of digging through the xml) ?

hey mr. ugly

our latest kickstarter update contains the file format description, and I'll sticky it in the forums. Enough devs have used it successfully to implement it within a day or two, so it's public now:

Please read the fileformat.pdf first, especially the disclaimer that it's a beta file format, and implementations will need to be changed before 1.0:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1013446/Spriter ... elease.zip