Spriter Technical Support

• 2 months later...

Hi Noga and thanks very much for your support.

Hold onto your serial, but for now it is indeed not needed. I recently updated Spriter Pro to no longer need your serial because a few of the Pro owners were having an issue where Spriter re-asked for the serial number every time they started it up.

Because I couldn't duplicate the bug or fix it on any of my computers, and because a totally new version of Spriter is being developed (at very impressive speeds), it wasn't worth it for me to continue to try and fix the serial number issue with this current version.

I too am very excited about support for both Construct classic and Construct 2. The Construct classic plug-in is nearly finished (a matter of a few weeks away I think).. after which, focus will be on finishing the all new Spriter and then making the Construct 2 plug-in.

regards

I too am very excited about support for both Construct classic and Construct 2. The Construct classic plug-in is nearly finished (a matter of a few weeks away I think).. after which, focus will be on finishing the all new Spriter and then making the Construct 2 plug-in.

Good news.

• 5 months later...

Hi,

I downloaded the beta to check things out, but the program fails immediately when I try to launch it. It just says "An unexpected error occurred...". Nothing specific was mentioned. I'm on a 64-bit Windows 7 machine. I was considering contributing to the cause, but I wanted to give it a test run first... Any ideas?

Hi Srpiter team. Checking out Spriter from Kick starter.

I'm running it on windows 7 virtual machine (hoping we'll have a mac version soon?)

Anyway... I get the following message when trying to run Spriter.

Failed to load plugin.

C:\users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\capA3E8.tmp\20.csx

(14001)

Any ideas? Would love to give her a test run.

Cheers, Mal

Trying very hard to test Spriter and back you on KickStarter. However I can't get it to run. I've tried on a windows 7 machine and an XP machine. In both cases I was asked for the august 2008 update of DirectX. After updating to latest DirectX runtime I get the following error.

Failed to load plugin C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Temp\cap13.tmp\20.csx (14001)

That file exists on disk.

to everyone who posted the plugin error. Please reinstall Spriter, preferably after uninstalling, and please allow the DX9.0c install, and the c++ runtime if prompted. The beta version of Spriter requires specific components of that specific directx release to function, even if you have a newer version of Directx. We realize this is not ideal, and in the final release, everything will be included with the installer, without the need for prompting or additional components. Please let me know if you're still having trouble after this.

to everyone who posted the plugin error. Please reinstall Spriter, preferably after uninstalling, and please allow the DX9.0c install, and the c++ runtime if prompted. The beta version of Spriter requires specific components of that specific directx release to function, even if you have a newer version of Directx. We realize this is not ideal, and in the final release, everything will be included with the installer, without the need for prompting or additional components. Please let me know if you're still having trouble after this.

Installed DX9.0c (from here) and reinstalled Spriter. Same error.

thanks for helping us figure this out guys.

sorry if my responses are a little slow during the kickstarter

for you having the 20.csx errors

none of you mentioned installing the c++ redistributable, which is required (and will be included in the single install by 1.0), and you should have gotten a prompt for it when installing, but if not, please see if this helps. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1013446/Spriter ... st_x86.exe

I'll be looking into the problem further, but this might sort it out for you.

thanks again

thanks for helping us figure this out guys.

sorry if my responses are a little slow during the kickstarter

for you having the 20.csx errors

none of you mentioned installing the c++ redistributable, which is required (and will be included in the single install by 1.0), and you should have gotten a prompt for it when installing, but if not, please see if this helps. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1013446/Spriter ... st_x86.exe

I'll be looking into the problem further, but this might sort it out for you.

thanks again

Thanks. I didn't get a prompt during Spriter install, so I didn't think I need the redist. I grabbed VC 2010 redist (from here). Apparently, it's already on my system.

Downloaded vcredist from dropbox, it's the 2005 redist, which I don't have. Installed redist, reinstalled Spriter, still same error. :(

I get the same error when trying to run Spriter in crossover for Mac (please see this topic). I installed the required c++ Redistributable to my bottle via the link you provided, but the error persists.

I was also never prompted to install the c++ redistributable while running the Spriter installer, even before I installed the file you provided.

I was however able to get Spriter running on both my VMWare virtual machine as well as my bootcamp installation.

I think that running it in wine might work once the program includes all the dependencies, since that seems to be more of a general issue right now.

very sorry about that guys. I think I gave you the wrong link

I was able to find a PC to test this out personally (a PC getting the same 20.csx error) and this fixed the problem

again, this won't be necessary in 1.0

2008 redist

again, thanks for helping us solve this issue

hopefully this makes it work on the mac configuration as well

very sorry about that guys. I think I gave you the wrong link

I was able to find a PC to test this out personally (a PC getting the same 20.csx error) and this fixed the problem

again, this won't be necessary in 1.0

2008 redist

again, thanks for helping us solve this issue

hopefully this makes it work on the mac configuration as well

Unfortunately I still get the same error, even after installing the redistributable you linked me there in a new bottle:

NLmxwm.png

I'll try fiddling with it some more.

I noticed in your pink sprite video

that when you move the slider between the creation position and the end position it shows the transformation gradually. When I create a sprite with multiple parts like you did in the video and move the slider it just transforms from one preset to the next instantly. Is there an option to enable/disable the gradual transition from one part of the animation to the next?

Also I'd like to suggest adding a help category for the forum so people can post tutorials or try to answer questions (would be used more in the future); especially since there's no help file at this time.

Spriter looks promising, and I look forward to using it for development, keep up the good work. ;)

~Game Maker Veteran

Hi

i'm getting the same error as well and i did not see any prompts for installing such packages..

Can you give us links to all necessary resources needed to get the beta running?

Because for direct X 9.0c there are like a hundred different versions out there..

Also do you guys have a roadmap somewhere to see what features are planed when etc. ?

I understand you are very busy with all the Kickstarter stuff.. a short installation guide with links to the needed tools

would be appreciated.. and might reduce some of thoose tech related emails :)

cheers

I noticed in your pink sprite video
that when you move the slider between the creation position and the end position it shows the transformation gradually. When I create a sprite with multiple parts like you did in the video and move the slider it just transforms from one preset to the next instantly. Is there an option to enable/disable the gradual transition from one part of the animation to the next?

Also I'd like to suggest adding a help category for the forum so people can post tutorials or try to answer questions (would be used more in the future); especially since there's no help file at this time.

Spriter looks promising, and I look forward to using it for development, keep up the good work. ;)

~Game Maker Veteran

The Getting Started Guide (included with the installation file) is the only help file we have at this time, and we'll definitely improve the forum as time goes on.

From the Getting Started Guide:

Why in the video, when you dragged the timeline handle or played your animation, your

character would go from keyframe to keyframe in a smooth gradual motion, but mine just

jump instantly from one keyframe image to the next.

This smooth interpolation of motion is known as motion tweening, or sometimes just tweening.

This feature will be in Spriter 1.0. The free version will be able to view animations like this, but

as of now, saving the tweening data will be a pro-only feature.

If you'd like to test out this feature, you may, under the following disclaimer. This feature is in

pre-alpha state, and only exists as a proof of concept, and for testing performance. If you try to

edit your animation before turning it off, strange things will happen, and if you don't have the

same set of images on each frame and in the same z-order, very strange things will happen. If

you've read and understand this paragraph, press ctrl-alt-t to toggle this rudimentary tweening.

This is a purely visual test that does not save tweening data to file..

Hi :) cheers

Sorry Mr.Ugly, we'll be updating the installer zip with the needed files over the coming days, but here are the files you'll need:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/de ... x?id=14546

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/de ... g=en&id=29

The Getting Started Guide (included with the installation file) is the only help file we have at this time, and we'll definitely improve the forum as time goes on.

From the Getting Started Guide:

This smooth interpolation of motion is known as motion tweening,... If

you've read and understand this paragraph, press ctrl-alt-t to toggle this rudimentary tweening.

This is a purely visual test that does not save tweening data to file..

I love this feature, saves a lot of time not having to constantly draw frame by frame. Thanks for taking the time to answer; Donated ;)

Hi,

I am also getting the same error "Failed to load plugin c:\users\xxx\AppData\Local\Temp\cap8151.tmp\3.csx (126)"

The installation goes fine (but not prompted for additional installs).

I have (re)installed the DirectX and Visual C++ Redist from the links in the previous post, and uninstalled/re-installed Spriter, but to no avail...

I am running on Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit with SP1 & 8mb RAM.

Any advice on what else I might try?

• 2 weeks later...