Important info about Spriter

PLEASE NOTE: This thread is old and was for the original Spriter.

Info for the new Spriters Data format will begin in a new thread shortly.

Hi everyone,

For those looking for technical information on Spriters default file format, you can download it Here:http://www.brashmonkey.com/spriter/spriter_docs.zip

I'll answer some of the critical Spriter Questions here:

1) Curently Spriter exports the data as a plain-english INI file. This is so anyone can make a small program to convert the easy to read data into whatever custom format they might want or need, BUT I do plan on making the tool export at least one XML format once I work it out with extension developers for popular game making engines.

2) Eventually I'll also add a feature to export your animations as full frame sequential images (although thats not really the point of the tool, its still very handy)

Hello. I making a game on Construct too and i was very surprised when i read that your game inspired by Odin Sphere and Maramusa. Because i took this game as a reference too! I making a 2d-platform game and your program "Spriter" and a Demo of your game very interested me.

I want to ask you some question about how do use your Spriter with Construct. As for me for animation i use an Animation Studio (ex-Moho), here is a prototype of my game and this is a concept art pages.

Waiting for your answers.

UPD:... hm... never mind, i already read your topic on Scirra.com

Hi Inca,

Your game is looking great and this is exactly the sort of thing that my tool was designed for. As you discovered on Scirra.com there is no extension yet for Construct to support Spriter, so it would be quite some work (but not impossible) to use the animation data exported from it.

I'm still trying to get an actual extension programmer to help in that matter. Please help spread the word of this tool in general and on scirra.com so that there;s as much incentive as possible for this extension to be made.

How much farther have you gone beyone this demo on your game? Because we are working on such similar game engines, we might want to team up and work on the same engine to use for both of our games... curently my engine has support for camera zooming, cinematic scenes, dialogue, and some combat...

If you might be interested teaming up, please email me at mail@brashmonkey.com

best regards

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

that's an old link, which referred to the previous Spriter's file format. We apologize for the mess.

We'll be documenting the current working beta format over the next week or so, and publishing that to a new link, as well as posting an update to the kickstarter and this forum. So please stay tuned for more information.