Please post feature suggestions here.

Mike at BrashMonkey

I dont have this problem cause i always crop bodyparts but for guys who export big photoshop layers it might be useful.

- My feature suggestion is to be able to assign bodypart to bone by picking it from zorder or hierarchy menu because my sprites are so small its hard to click on bodypart when big bone covers it, also support for smaller bones would be nice because you cant have small bones( thats why i cant click on small bodypart cause bones have to be big), they disappear immediately if theyre too small and you have to make longer ones.

I do crop each body part to the absolute minimum size, there isn't much transparency around them. The origial character was probably 750 or so pixels high. I reduced it to 90% of that using the new reduction feature and even that greatly reduced the image sizes. I'm not near my computer now but I'll email you the files tomorrow. Thanks.

Hi trebor777 and welcome,

sorry about the serial re-entering issue..you're the third customer to have this issue , but I've yet to solve this..I'm stil lworking on it.

I have to admit, I never tried to load a folder with that many png's in Spriter, I'll give that a go and see if I can fix it.

As far as features go, the highest priority is some basic tweening support, but this is definately not goin g to happen for at least several months. (I've got a day job that will take almost all of my time for the next two months...gotta pay the bills :( )

Right now what little availible time I have is going to optimizations and bug fixes for the teatures that already exist... I'm hoping to release a much more optimized Spriter with several bug fixes within a week or so.

Stay tuned here,on Spriter's Facebook page and BrashMonkey's Youtube page for updates.

thanks

Blocked Cookies?

Z order of skins doesnt bother me that myuch during setup cause its all good when you finish setup but these clones are bothering me, i alreadyu started to test animation and hen suddenly i got one more clone of bodypart popout so now i have 3 clones of the same bodypart and new one is still in setup mode.

Should i just remove them ? Im not sure why would i need them to be separated like that, in special circumstances i would prefere to clone them myself and figure out ways to hold weapons in different ways or just redesign character if something is not possible. z order becomes a little bit messy because of all the clones, cant they be hidden so you would click twice on bodypart in zorder to unhide the clones or something.

I tried to delete them but they dont disappear from zorder menu.

Im still not sure what are they for but it takes more time to dig through them to find the main one and move it.

I would prefere not have the clones at all unless i want it but i still cant figure out situations where i would want it, i can always clone the bodypart myself right ? Isnt this also watste of cpu power if you have 3 clones when you need only one so its like 3 characters in one if every body part is cloned twice.

I know they get cloned if i create more white points in skins, so every new pair of white points splits the segment in two.

ITs in newest version from 4th december which works really well so far no crashes.

0RFuCAN.png

- Please work with a designer ( I mean graphical AND practical ) for both software and Website, cause actually it feels very amateurish, and it's not something you want, I hope.

- Please concentrate on stabilizing Spriter at #1 priority. It is not cool & professional to have something that crashes every 10 min because you've clicked a bit too fast, or on the wrong button, or in the wrong order.

- Please use something more practical that a simple forum to retrieve bugs and features demands, so you and we can trace them efficiently.

You have plenty of great features in this app, it would be a shame not to wrap it up with a proper presentation, interface, workflows and support.

It is possible already to deform by bones, watch 13:00 minute mark

I just wish it was possible to assign bodyparts after you finished their grid setup, because now you need to assign bodyparts to bones before setup mode.

Even better would be "auto assign" kinda like in blender with automatic weights so you need only place the bones properly and hit auto assign and thats it, all bones assigned to their bodyparts with one click.

I just wish it was possible to assign bodyparts after you finished their grid setup, because now you need to assign bodyparts to bones when youre still in setup mode or before setup mode.

Even better would be "auto assign" kinda like in blender with automatic weights so you need only place the bones properly and hit auto assign and thats it, all bones assigned to their bodyparts with one click.

I know it is possible, I've just tried it :)

I didn't say it wasn't possible but that the workflow isn't good atm

Maybe the mesh generated part isn't really important... but, like in rayman or other good animation tool, the bones must automatically be skinned on points with influence. OK that's just what you said :)

I'm quite new to Spriter, and I haven't watched all of the videos or read this whole thread (let alone the whole forum), so some of these may be existing/unreleased or already suggested/planned features. If any of those apply, please let me know how to do it, tell me to wait, or ignore me :D

1. Middle-drag the time-line to shift all key-frames back and forth through time (wrapping at the ends; it can snap to keys if it's necessary to always have a key-frame at 00:00).

2. Method for resetting position/scale/etc. for the currently selected object(s) in all selected keys, so they'll match the first one; sort of a "do-over" function. Maybe it could take the form of a little "reload" button next to the fields in the Object Properties palette, a larger one at the top of said palette for reloading all properties, and yet another on the Z-order.

3. The prev/next key-frame keys (1/2) should pause the animation as do the first/last keys.

4. Most graphics/game libraries can change the overall color of an image and sometimes of each individual corner. Any plans to support this? What about internal "corners" of subdivided images?

• 4 weeks later...

Seems that properties already added! Great news! Thank you!

One thing i'd like to ask, since i haven't seen much detailed info about them. Is there any possibility to create a predefined list of properties?

I'll explain.

Imagine that with each project there might be a JSON file with a list of properties for this project. This list is defined by a programmer for an artist. When an artist needs to add a property for an entity, he just picks one from the list and only sets the value. He doesn't need to enter the name of the property, since a lot of times this leads to some problems and typos.

So the programmer prepares the list with names and types (and possibly with min/max/step parameters) and the artist just fills the values for appropriate ones.

This of course should be combined with a possibility to add properties manually.

What do you think? Would be awesome if this is possible.

Hello,

I posted this in the developer forum but since I was making specific feature requests, I wasn't sure if I should post it here instead. I apologize for the double post if this is a problem.

I am currently evaluating Spriter as a potential development tool for my company's upcoming project. I have skimmed through some of the forums and the Help section and didn't find solutions, so I am posting it here. I apologize in advance if there is any redundancy. We are currently creating 2D, pixel-based artwork and frame-by-frame animation. I was curious if the following features are planned to be supported -- OR -- if they are supported, if someone could point out how to use them. The following features are what would be important & useful to our ideal workflow:

- Frames per second playback settings instead of percentage slider

• [*:2zpgvhu2]There is a playback speed slider but it is not sufficient when dealing small frame counts.
    [*:2zpgvhu2]If I import individual frames for 2D animations, I would want to get exact timings without ballooning the timeline artificially into the 1000+ frame mark.. Some of our animations could be 4 frames, for example. To get this to play at a normal speed would require me to have a playback speed be somewhere between 0-1%, which is not currently possible.
    [*:2zpgvhu2]I am also unsure if playback speed is even exported into the SCML file. I skimmed it in notepad but didn’t see any information other than the frame counts and numbers. If playback speed is recorded and can be included, this would be hugely helpful on the exporting side of things.

- Pixel-based Grid, Snapping, and Nudging

• [*:2zpgvhu2]It is important for precision and currently there do not seem to be any grid, snap, or nudging controls/toggles for pixel-based exactness. This would be incredibly helpful for nudging the sprite image frames around instead of numerically adjusting values in every field.

- Nearest Neighbor filtering
  • [*:2zpgvhu2]The main window is always filtering with some level of anti-aliasing. When zooming in on image sprites pixel artwork, the art naturally becomes fuzzy. A preference for Nearest Neighbor filtering (so that pixel art stays sharp) would be beneficial- not only for aligning art, but also aligning precise collision to that art.

There is a lot of functionality currently in the program that the team and I love, and we are dying to use this in a serious and excited manner. We realize that pixel-arted frame-by-frame animation may not be exclusively what the program was designed for, but with some of these features we can really dig in and make some fantastic stuff. Thanks a lot for your hard work, guys. Really looking forward to future development on the program.

Welcome, ZeroRay.

We plan a pixel art friendly mode that will cover the filtering and pixel perfect placement requirements you need, and will eventually also alow a mode to switch the timeline to a specific FPS...but unfortunately we can't promise exactly how soon any of these features will appear...

There will be some features likely to appear before the intial release of version 1.0 which will make some of these things easier, but some of these features might not appear until some time after the initial release of Spriter 1.0.

Sorry I can't give you any kind of specific timeline, but at least I can assure you all of these features are planned and we'll get to them as soon as we can after all critical 1.0 features are finished.

cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey

Thanks for the reply Brash. I was happy to see the forecast was all positive, as well. Looking forward to all of the future updates.

If you don't mind me asking, how did/do you guys weigh and determine the priority of features for each release? Was it just feedback from the initial Kickstarter or ongoing posts here?

Thanks!

I just wish it was possible to assign bodyparts after you finished their grid setup, because now you need to assign bodyparts to bones before setup mode.

I am new here as well. I am really enjoying learning all the ins/out of this program. But I can't seem to find the bone deformation or grid deformation as demonstrated in that video. Was this feature removed? I have the pro version of B6.1

//UPDATE: As I mentioned, I'm new here. Shortly after posting this I realized it was because I was using sprites and not skins. Lesson learned. My bad!

Hey :)

It would be reaaaally nice, if spriter could remember its own layout(position/size of the different windows), or the possibility to save/load different ones (that's even cooler, like that you can exchange them with other people :p). As I work with several monitors, i like to emphasize my viewport and move the side windows on my other screens :p. Which works fine, until I have to close spriter for whatever reasons.

Thanks. It's not a major feature, but it's like quite useful !

And sorry didn't read the 32pages to check if this was already mentionned.

1.Press "space": Play / Pause.

2.press"W,E":Previous Manual adjustment keyframe , Next Manual adjustment keyframe

3.Press the "up, down, left, right": spriter(picture) move one pixel(up, down, left, right).

4.Can you can add background images: easy action in accordance with the contents of a draft picture or game screenshots adjust the animation.

thank you!

1.Press "space": Play / Pause.

2.press"W,E":Previous Manual adjustment keyframe , Next Manual adjustment keyframe

3.Press the "up, down, left, right": spriter(picture) move one pixel(up, down, left, right).

4.Can you can add background images: easy action in accordance with the contents of a draft picture or game screenshots adjust the animation.

thank you!

I second all of these, with the addition of:

1. Marquee select root keyframes w/o having to expand the timeline to get to subkeys. This has been a big time-killer in my Spriter workflow.

2. Spriter sets all keyframes for all objects/bones whenever I add a new keyframe to the end of the timeline, so I end up going back and deleting a lot of superfluous keyframes that clog up the animation otherwise. It's especially egregious when I need to delete all keyframes save for the single object that needs the keyframe. Blocking the initial animations can be especially tedious because of this.

3.Whenever I delete a keyframe, the expanded timeline view scrolls back to the top. This can be...frustrating.

Note that all comments apply to both Windows & OSX versions.

• lucid unpinned this topic