Please post feature suggestions here.

Mike at BrashMonkey

Hi,

Got 2 suggestion in my head right now :

- having an option to export image sequence so that the center in Spriter IS the center in each frame. This way the Spriter center info is not lost in the export. This would mean that there will be a lot space wasted but this is usually not a problem if such sequence is then texture packed.

Currently spriter use a maximum bound but this is per anaimation and thus the image seuqnce cannot be used as is in games.

- It would be better to have collision polygon instead of the current simpler collision rectangle

Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...

It would be awesome and save a lot of work to many animators if you add an animation motor system similar to Creature

http://www.kestrelmoon.com/creaturedocs/Animation/Motors_Introduction.html

A Motor is simply a component that executes a certain type of behavior on a group of bones or a region mesh. Different types of Motors perform different operations.

have a look at this:

https://youtu.be/YjOLY1J9dec?t=19m17s

Hi All,

I've only just picked up Spriter and i'm still getting to grips with it. So far it seems to offer me exactly the kind of features i'm after without the bloat that you get in other packages.

One thing I was wondering about is whether you had any plans to support vector graphics in future? That way I could scale the components of my character without losing image quality. I currently create base images in Inkscape. Then, to use in Spriter, I export as png. Finally I export the animation frames as png from Spriter. Perhaps not the best workflow but i'm pretty new to all of this.

Just to be clear, i'm not suggesting you include the drawing tools in spriter to create the images. I actually quite like the split between tools.

Anyway I haven't bought in yet, most likely will soon, keep up the good work.

I completely concur.  I think my .gif animation is too large at 1 megabyte.  So I tried a sequence of pngs but notice they are not vector-based like I was hoping for them to be.  That would take Spriter to a whole new level for the Web I would think!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I keep looking for some quick way to return playback speed to 100%.  I finally got around to beginning the videos, and I just saw the video guy click on the box and enter 100 manually.  Well, I guess there isn't a trick waiting to be discovered.  There should be.

If I were coding this, I'd go in with a plan to have a variable playback speed like it is now, with some clickable buttons to set pre-selected speeds, such as 25%, 50%, 100% (probably user-editable, quick select A, B and C with these default values), with logic rigged so that only one button can be checked at a time, and no button is required to be checked (which rules out QPushButtonGroup it looks like).  If 100% is checked, playback runs at that speed, and the variable control is disabled, but its value remains unchanged.  Un-check the 100% button, and now the variable control is enabled, and playback goes to whatever the running speed was.

One suggestion I have is adding the option to create folders/groups of your animations in a .scml file. I have a character with lots of animations, and it would be easier to work on it if I could hide groups of animations I'm not currently working on while working on other animations; it would also help organize the animations. (If this is already a feature, please let me know how to use it, I haven't found this anywhere online).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Suggestion: Replace existing files when create a spritesheet

Re: Sprite Pro 4.1

Currently, if you create a spritesheet using the Texture Packer workflow, and you already have existing animations, the existing images are not mapped into the new sheet, e.g. see diff below, where the same image (e.g. "cat girl") is duplicated, once as an image not in a sheet, and once in the sheet. It looks to have the same name (i.e. the filename) so it should be easy to replace the existing images with ones that are in the sprite sheet. This would then allow you to just keep updating the sprite sheet as you work, which is what most people would want I suspect.

Left: before sheet created. Right: after sheet created.

1   <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>   1   <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
2   <spriter_data scml_version="1.0" generator="BrashMonkey Spriter" generator_version="r4.1">   2   <spriter_data scml_version="1.0" generator="BrashMonkey Spriter" generator_version="r4.1">
        3       <atlas>
        4           <i name="sheettest.json"/>
        5       </atlas>
3       <folder id="0">   6       <folder id="0">
4           <file id="0" name="Character Cat Girl.png" width="101" height="171" pivot_x="0" pivot_y="1"/>   7           <file id="0" name="Character Cat Girl.png" width="101" height="171" pivot_x="0" pivot_y="1"/>
5           <file id="1" name="Chest Closed.png" width="101" height="171" pivot_x="0" pivot_y="1"/>   8           <file id="1" name="Chest Closed.png" width="101" height="171" pivot_x="0" pivot_y="1"/>
6           <file id="2" name="Character Horn Girl.png" width="101" height="171" pivot_x="0" pivot_y="1"/>   9           <file id="2" name="Character Horn Girl.png" width="101" height="171" pivot_x="0" pivot_y="1"/>
7           <file id="3" name="Character Boy.png" width="101" height="171" pivot_x="0" pivot_y="1"/>   10           <file id="3" name="Character Boy.png" width="101" height="171" pivot_x="0" pivot_y="1"/>
8       </folder>   11       </folder>
        12       <folder id="1" name="&lt;sheettest.json&gt;" atlas="0">
        13           <file id="0" name="Character Cat Girl.png" width="0" height="0" pivot_x="0" pivot_y="1"/>
        14       </folder>
9       <entity id="0" name="entity_000">   15       <entity id="0" name="entity_000">
10           <animation id="0" name="NewAnimation" length="1000" interval="100">   16           <animation id="0" name="NewAnimation" length="1000" interval="100">
11               <mainline>   17               <mainline>
12                   <key id="0">   18                   <key id="0">
13                       <object_ref id="0" timeline="0" key="0" z_index="0"/>   19                       <object_ref id="0" timeline="0" key="0" z_index="0"/>
14                       <object_ref id="1" timeline="1" key="0" z_index="1"/>   20                       <object_ref id="1" timeline="1" key="0" z_index="1"/>
15                   </key>   21                   </key>
        22                   <key id="1" time="734">
        23                       <object_ref id="0" timeline="0" key="0" z_index="0"/>
        24                       <object_ref id="1" timeline="1" key="0" z_index="1"/>
        25                       <object_ref id="2" timeline="2" key="0" z_index="2"/>
        26                       <object_ref id="3" timeline="3" key="0" z_index="3"/>
        27                   </key>
16               </mainline>   28               </mainline>
17               <timeline id="0" name="Character Cat Girl">   29               <timeline id="0" name="Character Cat Girl">
18                   <key id="0" spin="0">   30                   <key id="0" spin="0">
19                       <object folder="0" file="0" x="-402" y="113"/>   31                       <object folder="0" file="0" x="-402" y="113"/>
20                   </key>   32                   </key>
21               </timeline>   33               </timeline>
22               <timeline id="1" name="Character Boy">   34               <timeline id="1" name="Character Boy">
23                   <key id="0" spin="0">   35                   <key id="0" spin="0">
24                       <object folder="0" file="3" x="280" y="100"/>   36                       <object folder="0" file="3" x="280" y="100"/>
25                   </key>   37                   </key>
26               </timeline>   38               </timeline>
        39               <timeline id="2" name="Character Cat Girl_000">
        40                   <key id="0" time="734" spin="0">
        41                       <object folder="1" file="0" x="-414" y="282"/>
        42                   </key>
        43               </timeline>
        44               <timeline id="3" name="Character Cat Girl_001">
        45                   <key id="0" time="734" spin="0">
        46                       <object folder="1" file="0" x="-403" y="488"/>
        47                   </key>
        48               </timeline>
27           </animation>   49           </animation>
28       </entity>   50       </entity>
29   </spriter_data>   51   </spriter_data>

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, WormLice said:

Hi,

Here are some ideas:

- Duplicate an object with Ctrl+C & Ctrl+V
- Copy current Hierarchy to all other frames

What do you mean by an object? To clone a bone or sprite on the canvas you hold control and left click and drag or rotate the object. Other wise with control+c etc you can copy and paste objects that aren't yet at that part in the time-line, copy entire frames etc.

There is already a feature in the menu to copy the z order to all frames. (Edit/Copy z-order to all frames)

cheers.

Thanks for the answer :),

On 12/22/2015 at 9:57 AM, BrashAdmin said:

What do you mean by an object? To clone a bone or sprite on the canvas you hold control and left click and drag or rotate the object. Other wise with control+c etc you can copy and paste objects that aren't yet at that part in the time-line, copy entire frames etc.

Didn't know about this feature, sorry.

On 12/22/2015 at 9:57 AM, BrashAdmin said:

There is already a feature in the menu to copy the z order to all frames. (Edit/Copy z-order to all frames)

Does that copy the Hierarchy too?

3 minutes ago, WormLice said:

Thanks for the answer :),

Didn't know about this feature, sorry.

Does that copy the Hierarchy too?

Sorry WormLice, I misread the question. Copy z-order to all frames does not copy hierarchy too. I'm afraid you'd have to do that manually... copying and pasting an image or bone that is already in the target frame should copy it's hierarchy BUT There's no way to do that without also copying its size, angle, opacity etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Would it be possible to implement separate colour themes for Spriter Pro? Mostly I'm just looking for changing the background to white/greys and the text to black. My eyes suck more than most peoples, and reading light text on dark backgrounds tends to give me headaches after a while.

- Give the source code to the user of the pro version.  (like Unreal does for example)

This might be controversial but I think can give lots of benefit to Spriter given the number of feature requested in this thread:

- Give more confidence in the future of Spriter as if something goes wrong, the source is in our hand

- Allow user to potenitally contribute to code (fixes as well as features)

On 29.12.2015 at 6:47 AM, thewrongvine said:

Not sure if this has been suggested yet, or if this is already doable, but being able to select multiple/all keyframes on the timeline and adjusting a value for a certain bone/image/etc. would be useful. 

Soon its gonna be 2 years since its being asked to be implemented, i think it would be best to just run another kickstarter if devs lost motivation to add new features , i would gladly donate because there is nothing like it on the market and yet i feel like ball is being dropped especially with deformation feature that not many programs in this price range have and its realy BIG THING for this kind of animation vs regular cutouts.I would like to support this software somehow so i think next kickstarter is logical , esoteric did it with spine.

It might be a good idea to start a new suggestions thread for the new version of Spriter, R5. :-)

Perhaps you could make a summary somewhere of your new roadmap and which of the suggestions on here you are going to implement.

Perhaps a voting system would be good for letting the users prioritise new features. Bugs should always take priority.

On 1/23/2016 at 1:29 PM, bwwd said:

Not sure if this has been suggested yet, or if this is already doable, but being able to select multiple/all keyframes on the timeline and adjusting a value for a certain bone/image/etc. would be useful. 

Alternately, be able to apply object properties to all instances like with "Copy Z order to Other Frames"

Edit: Also, being able to move individual keyframes around would be nice.

• lucid unpinned this topic