Please post feature suggestions here.

Mike at BrashMonkey

It'd be nice to have separate options to allow or prevent bone movement. I know you can toggle each bone's constraint individually, but sometimes I just want to avoid accidentally moving a bone instead of rotating, scaling, etc.

For example, it you wanted to rotate the upper arm, sometimes grabbing near the end would grab the base of the lower arm and cause you to move it instead. Maybe a modifier key? Blender uses keyboard shortcuts like S: scale, G:translate, R:rotate. So by having a bone already selected, you could just hold down R and click anywhere in the canvas to make that bone rotate like normal.

+1 

In Blender, you can also press "R 180" to make a rotation of 180 degrees.

A shortcut to quickly navigate through objects would be also nice instead of clicking on it.

1. Save the view configuration (I'm tired to move the windows again and again at start).

2. Option to use only integer values. (also, I think that when we use the slider in the properties pannel, it should uses integer numbers and not floats by default).

• 3 weeks later...

How about autocrop feature in spriter so it crops every bodypart when theres huge area of transparent pixels around it ?

Wondering if this feature is still on the roadmap (particularly for export to Construct 2). Have a large batch of Spriter animations where each body part has lots of transparent pixels and I was hoping to autocrop/clean-up automatically. We were using the export to png/spritesheet mode before but would like to change to the actual C2 plugin!

Yes, the feature is still planned, but we can't guarantee how soon it will appear, as we're already behind schedule with several important features/matters.

Cheers.
-Mike at BrashMonkey

Wondering if this feature is still on the roadmap (particularly for export to Construct 2). Have a large batch of Spriter animations where each body part has lots of transparent pixels and I was hoping to autocrop/clean-up automatically. We were using the export to png/spritesheet mode before but would like to change to the actual C2 plugin!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi rubberboy,

I don't understand. How are you accidentally cloning bones? You don't need to be holding the control key to just rotate or move a bone, you just left click and drag. The only way to clone a bone is to hold Cntrl and then left click and drag. This is not a bug, this is how to clone bones.

I'm sorry If I'm misunderstanding you. Can you reword your bug report or record a video perhaps to show the issue?

Thanks

Hi rubberboy,

I don't understand. How are you accidentally cloning bones? You don't need to be holding the control key to just rotate or move a bone, you just left click and drag. The only way to clone a bone is to hold Cntrl and then left click and drag. This is not a bug, this is how to clone bones.

I'm sorry If I'm misunderstanding you. Can you reword your bug report or record a video perhaps to show the issue?

Thanks

I know. I use a tablet with latest wacom drivers. may be its a bit different from normal mouse click. Its not a lot of trouble, because it does not happen continually, but it happens sometimes. If this happens to more people then may be its a bug, I know im not the only one ;)

Ah.That explains it (mostly).  There are known compatibility issues with Spriter and some Wacom tablets/mice. We'll be trying to fix those issues in an upcoming free update build of Spriter.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers.

Hi rubberboy,

Thanks

I know. I use a tablet with latest wacom drivers. may be its a bit different from normal mouse click. Its not a lot of trouble, because it does not happen continually, but it happens sometimes. If this happens to more people then may be its a bug, I know im not the only one ;)

Just a quick suggestion here. I was recently playing with attaching sounds to the animations (very handy) however I was disappointed to find out it only supports wav files. Is it possible to add in support for other types such as OGG/MP3 etc ? 

We'll consider it in the future. Of course you could replace the sound files with whatever file format you want in the game engine, so long as they were the same name and duration.

cheers.

Yeah, that's the solution I came up with in the end also. The timing was the most important part really, which I can still use without modifications. It just means I have to have two versions of the same sounds files, or a bunch of placeholders of similar name/duration.

Here is mu suggestion:

When assigning the bones, it would be very helpful if the bones take the name of the first sprite they are assigned to. Right now I have to manually name each bone which is a bit cumbersome. 

Also, I am sure you have been asked before, but is there any chance we get direct export to Game Maker?

1. In the Import frames pannel, it would be nice to have the choice of the curve type. 

Also, we don't have any visual element saying the curve type of a specific frame. So maybe we can have the default rectangle for the instant mode, a rectangle with a black stroke for linear frame, and a rectangle with a shape ^ inside for custom curve.

Character Mapping improvement:

1. Character Map on folder and not only on files.

Instead of having:

<character_map id="0" name="noweapon">            <map folder="7" file="1"/>            <map folder="7" file="2"/>            ... </character_map>

can we have:

<character_map id="0" name="noweapon">            <map folder="7"/> </character_map>

So it means that the whole folder 7 will be invisible.

<character_map id="0" name="otherweapon">            <map folder="7" folder="8"/> </character_map>

And here it means that the whole folder 7 will be replaced by the whole folder 8. Of course ids should match.

It allow to reduce scml size when we have a lot of character mapping based on folder.

2. Global character mapping

Can we set a character map for all entities please :)

Hi,

I've a few suggestions:

Split by color the keyframes, relative to move, rotation and scale. Allowing we can to tweak the transform keyframes separately. If a keyframe has the three transformations it will be tricolor.

The main timeline only show the keyframes for selected object or objects.

Duplicate keyframes dragging + a key (ctrl)

thanks for this awesome software :)

• 2 weeks later...

1. Really want a toolbox. I like the hot keys, and the help menu with the shortcut keys, but I really would like to see a dockable tool box that I can click on when I want to use the deformation tool, hide an object, or make changes in the curve editor. alot of times I sit there trying to click on the timeline, trying to bring up the window, and it doesnt show up. I'd rather just have a little box, with a curve editor image I can click on to make it happen. Or a button in the tool box to create or delete a bone. 

I can think of a million options I'd like to see. 

I'd really like to see a format similiar to gimp with dockable tabs for different options, that we can float to go along with it. 

you have to learn shortcuts for now, there's list over there and its also in spriter itself, go to help menu on top and you have shortcut list , or press shift + ESC:

http://brashmonkey.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2894-spriter-special-shortcut-list/

I prefere to use shortcuts because i work faster with them but i understand when you start with program and youre afraid to press keyboard not to ruin your work, but undo is ctrl+z you can always do that if you screw something up.MEnus and tabs are good when you start but theyre very irritating once you know how stuff works, menus are wasting a lot of time, too many clicks to change simple stuff.

you have to learn shortcuts for now, there's list over there and its also in spriter itself, go to help menu on top and you have shortcut list , or press shift + ESC:

http://brashmonkey.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2894-spriter-special-shortcut-list/

I prefere to use shortcuts because i work faster with them but i understand when you start with program and youre afraid to press keyboard not to ruin your work, but undo is ctrl+z you can always do that if you screw something up.MEnus and tabs are good when you start but theyre very irritating once you know how stuff works, menus are wasting a lot of time, too many clicks to change simple stuff.

Oh I do learn the shortcuts

! I think everything is preference. You know my particular issues, and for me I need a GUI to stare at with options. Especially when I don't know a lot about a program. In saying that I don't need to know everything.

Take GIMPS tools windows as an example. You have an option to what tools you want/need depending on what you are doing, and you can dock them into one nice menu. I really like that.

And I know it's not necessary, but it would be a nice feature.

• lucid unpinned this topic