Welcome to Brash Monkey's Spriter forum

Mike at BrashMonkey

• 2 months later...

Hi all, just purchased sprited moments ago. I have been using the free version for a week and it's very easy to use.

One of the things I do is pixelart and sometimes you pull your hair out because its very slow and heavy work for very simple things. And you spend a way helluva lot of time in say... moving a leg correctly. Now its a breeze :D

I've been using 3d too for 7 years and it has its uses, but if you, like me, like pixel or oldchool work, then 3d most of the time is overly complex and for simple models you usually have topology or creases problems that ruin the animation and if you decide to use simple planes its not that easy. I like that the most complex thing in spriter is... just painting the parts in your drawing app!.

Bones are easy as pie and the program is very intuitive. Just what I was looking for. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd say hello

Just bought Spriter and am learning how to use it.

I'm an artist hoping to get into animating so it seems like a great tool so far. I've learned Blender in the past but I do like a bit of hand drawn 2D art.

So I've only spent a few short hours with Spriter and created a fishy alien skin for the tutorial guy- haven't got round to animating yet so it's still the tutorial pack animation

TVQBee.gif

• lucid unpinned this topic