New Spriter 2 Alpha Build - Big Bone Update!

lucid

This build is focused on bones and bone rigging and marks a large step toward 1.0.  The focus over the next two to three weeks will be to improve in-editor documentation and help features to make it easy to pick up and play.

Change Log

Additions

• Added 'Z' shortcut to select all child bones and ancestors of selected bone

Changes and Enhancements

• Made bones thinner
  • Made default mesh triangulation more triangulated (will be manually adjustable in a future update)
  • Bones now work with save and load
  • Made it so adding additional meshes to an existing bone rig recalculates suggested bounds for rigs
  • Made it so assigning a new child to a bone or deformer doesn't select the child object (to make rigging larger characters more efficient and intuitive)
  • Removed the ability to edit ligament control points outside of rigging mode (it was generally not useful and created interface clutter)
  • Bone angle gizmo now takes precedent over bone bodies, making it easier to drag angles of parent bones
  • Removed the need for the warning shortcut to enable bones. Bones are out of pre-alpha

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a bug that allowed two of the same bone parenting relationship to be created, causing buggy behavior
  • Fixed a bug that caused overlapping rigging zones to attempt transformations multiple times causing buggy behavior (now subsequent rigs will ignore verts already assigned zones)
  • Fixed bugs that caused multiple undos to be necessary to reverse certain single operations
  • Fixed a bug causing buggy behavior when attempting to drag undraggable meshes
  • Fixed a bug causing buggy behavior in other parts of a complex rig when dragging objects
  • Fixed a bug where adjusting a mesh's reference angle or position in rigging mode caused buggy behavior
  • Fixed a bug where after loading, adjusting a mesh's reference angle or position wouldn't reflect in real time while adjusting

Known Issues

• Undo and Redo don't always function correctly with the new features
  • Visual bug when dragging out new images. Sometimes image disappears momentarily
  • Double entries for images in z-order
  • Changes to z-order in rigging mode not reflected in animation
  • Occasional visual glitches while editing animations
  • Save and Load not working reliably in all situations
  • Images saved from certain image editors will acquire artifacts when they have antialiased edges where the alpha isn't fully opaque or transparent. These issues aren't exclusive to Spriter 2 and will affect any game engine that doesn't preprocess them. These pre-processing functions will be introduced in a future version, and can be ignored for now.
  • Dragging out more than one of the same images doesn't function correctly.

• lucid changed the title to New Spriter 2 Alpha Build - Big Bone Update!
On 12/27/2020 at 11:37 PM, MattSan said:

Not related to the post but, if i buy SpriterPro on Steam (currently 35% off), i can still get and upgrade for Spriter 2? Is this still available?

This is the only thing that has me back from insta-purchasing this software. Any info would be really apreciated

Yes, you'd get the Steam version of Spriter 2 for free once it's released.

Just bought the pre-order, keep up the good work!

I read through past posts and noticed talk about a few features that need to completed during alpha to reach 1.0. Just curious if 1.0 will be when beta takes place, and what state the app will be in (if/when) the app goes into beta. ie, Is the plan to be mostly feature complete at that point? Thanks! The app is looking great!

• 2 weeks later...

Able to get into Spriter 2 now, the software updated itself. So far, things look good.  I am in the process of identifying commands and documenting them. Have not seen a HOW TO manual yet.... thank you for fixing the problem I had with updating failures...stay safe.