Spriter 2 Alpha build 0.0.0.19

lucid

Hello everyone. We've just released the new Spriter 2 alpha build. In this build we've introduced export to mp4, webm, gif, and sequential pngs. There are also a couple of simple quality of life additions, like Spriter 2 remembering the last used project folder and file. Behind the scenes, we've also updated the project to the latest version of Unity (2020), which won't affect your user experience for now, but will allow us to take advantage of the latest features and stability improvements.

In the interest of releasing this build with no further delays, we've decided to roll-back the bone-related changes for this release to before we began the refactoring process (which was the cause of some of the delay in this build). As such, bones are in an extremely unstable pre-alpha state, do not currently work with saving and loading, and have multiple severe game-breaking bugs. For this reason, we were going to release this build without bones, but we decided to make it so you can enable them with a keyboard shortcut in case you still wanted to play with the basic functionality shown in the previous bone video (see additional details below). 

The next several builds will introduce ui, ux, and stability improvements moving Spriter 2 toward a fully functional beta. We will continue refactoring during this time in preparation for a stable 1.0, and as that process gets further along, future builds will upgrade bones to being fully usable, and reintroduce strokes. 

Thanks again for your patience and support, and enjoy the new build! 

This version requires a new launcher.  Please download it from the original download location.  Future updates to the launcher shouldn't require a new download.  

Change Log

Additions

• Added export to MP4, WebM, Gif, and Sequential Pngs. To access the export menu, press ctrl-e while in Animation Mode. Additional options and access methods will be available in future builds.
  • Added text input to project file browser

Changes and Enhancements

• File browser now remembers the last used directory and file
  • Upgraded engine to Unity 2020

Bug Fixes

• Fixed bug that allowed you to create pins outside of rigging mode, resulting in unexpected behavior
  • Fixed a bug that allowed you to edit pin weight in animation mode, resulting in unexpected behavior
  • Fixed a bug that caused the changelog to pop-up each time Spriter 2 was launch instead of only the first time a new version was loaded

Known Issues

• Undo and Redo don't always function correctly with the new features
  • Visual bug when dragging out new images. Sometimes image disappears momentarily
  • Double entries for images in z-order
  • Changes to z-order in rigging mode not reflected in animation
  • Occasional visual glitches while editing animations
  • Save and Load not working reliably in all situations
  • Images saved from certain image editors will acquire artifacts when they have antialiased edges where the alpha isn't fully opaque or transparent. These issues aren't exclusive to Spriter 2 and will affect any game engine that doesn't preprocess them. These pre-processing functions will be introduced in a future version, and can be ignored for now.
  • Dragging out more than one of the same issues doesn't function correctly.

To activate pre-alpha bones:  Press Alt-Shift-B

Alt-click when a mesh is not selected to create a bone.  When 2 bones are selected you can hold 'b' and click on a mesh to add it as a child.  To adjust the curve of the ligament, right click on the middle ligament control point, and click and drag the icon that appears.  As stated earlier, there are myriad issues and bugs with the bones, so they do not work with saving and loading, are easy to break and cause severe glitches, and they have various usability issues, such as the difficulty in seeing and clicking on the control points.

Where is the Spriter 2 tutorials?

What features will have?

Im new to this things but Im thinking of buying this software.

First i need to see tutorials before i buy it...a trial version would be nice too.

Some things i need to know:this software will be good for mascot logo quick animation motion graphics like 10 seconds intro?

This software is capable of doing rotoscoping?

"This version requires a new launcher.  Please download it from the original download location.  Future updates to the launcher shouldn't require a new download.  "

Well, after trying to hunt that down finally found the old location. Downloaded the old launcher because the new one isn't in the intuitive spot it should be (first) & neither are labeled to differentiate the other.
 If you're not going to make a new thread with the location at least provide a link to the new launcher. :-|

Posting link in spriter 2 forum section.

On 9/9/2020 at 1:38 PM, l34765sgh said:

"This version requires a new launcher.  Please download it from the original download location.  Future updates to the launcher shouldn't require a new download.  "

Well, after trying to hunt that down finally found the old location. Downloaded the old launcher because the new one isn't in the intuitive spot it should be (first) & neither are labeled to differentiate the other.
 If you're not going to make a new thread with the location at least provide a link to the new launcher. :-|

Posting link in spriter 2 forum section.

Very sorry about my oversight. The new one was placed over the old file, so it just needed to be re-downloaded and installed. I'm glad you tried that despite my poor communication.

On 9/8/2020 at 7:38 PM, animaman said:

Where is the Spriter 2 tutorials?

What features will have?

Im new to this things but Im thinking of buying this software.

First i need to see tutorials before i buy it...a trial version would be nice too.

Some things i need to know:this software will be good for mascot logo quick animation motion graphics like 10 seconds intro?

This software is capable of doing rotoscoping?

I'll be making Spriter 2 tutorials soon, and many concise and polished ones will be ready for the 1.0 launch. Currently there is the help feature in Spriter 2 which explains most of the features which are currently present.  (a question mark icon at top-left of Spriter 2 which brings up the help system)

We don't have an official feature list yet, but the same general features of Spriter combined with advanced and flexible (no pun intended) mesh deforming feature is the key. Many features will be added and announced after the initial version 1.0 release.

I'll release public tutorial videos in the near future but it might take a few weeks for me to make some. (very spread thin at the moment)

Spriter 2 1.0 should be very capible of helping you create motion graphic style animations of long lengths.

Regarding rotoscoping, There will be features to load in guide images and possibly even videos/animations, but I'm now sure when and to what degree those features will appear, either on the way to version 1.0 or later. Sorry I can't answer this question more concretely yet.

On 9/13/2020 at 2:41 AM, Walter said:

Hi, I got Spriter Pro from steam is there a way I could access the private alpha? 

make sure in your browser you are logged into your Steam account which owns Spriter and then follow the link provided here: https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/332360/view/2243302203310905038