I think I found some bugs...

Trumgottist

I think I found three bugs while making my music video.

1) I'm not sure if the first one is a bug, or the intended behaviour, but it was unintuitive to me and took me a while to figure out what was going on. (The arms got wonky when I added a tapping foot.) An easing curve on a main key frame will affect all bones that are moving, not just those that are key framed there. I could of course work around this by removing all curves from the main timeline and add them to the individual bones instead.

2) Sound is playing at points when it shouldn't. Sometimes (but not always) when selecting a different animation. (All my animations, except the walk, have a sound clip attached to the start of the animation.) And when batch exporting the sound clips plays on top of each other.

3) This is the weird one. I was unable to set easing curves on the key frames of some of my sprites. I could left click on the key so it would show the little sign indicating a linear curve, but right clicking on any key of the affected sprites did nothing.

Edit: As I'm typing this, I get an idea. Yep, I can confirm what probably was going on with #3. I was working with locked sprites, as I was using bones for most things, and that makes the keys locked too, except that they still can be moved which is inconsistent. 

Edit 2: No, that's not quite true. Playing around some more, I find that I now can change curves of everything, even with locked sprites. I no longer can reproduce what I saw earlier. I always get the curve menu as expected on all keys no matter what I try. I have no idea what was going on.

1 is the way Spriter is intended to work. Spriter 2 will allow for separate easing curves for different attributes of the same or different objects.

2 This is a minor bug, batch exporting only exports frames, not sound, so the sound is being triggered as Spriter makes it's way through the animation to export frames becasue sound was not considered when making the export feature.

3 I've never seen this issue before. Hopefully if it happens again you'll be able to figure out the cause and way to avoid it.

Spriter is not being actively developed becasue Edgar is working hard to get Spriter 2 (which will be a free upgrade) up and usable as quickly as possible.

11 minutes ago, Mike at BrashMonkey said:

Spriter is not being actively developed becasue Edgar is working hard to get Spriter 2 (which will be a free upgrade) up and usable as quickly as possible.

Yes, that makes sense. I just figured I'd let you know anyway.