Questions regarding using Spriter Pro

minigendo

My apologies if this is common knowledge, but I hoped to ask a few questions regarding the use of Spriter Pro.  It seemed better to get a definitive answer than to tilt at windmills.

Spriter seems to be geared entirely towards character animation.  So, even using the pre-written engine plugins, if I wanted to incorporate multiple spriter animations into any sort of scene, I would need to write that separately.  Would that be correct?

I've created animations in another bone based animation program.  It would be useful if I could import animations or script the movement of spriter bones.  I don't believe that's possible out of the box, correct?  It seems like one route might be to define the character, and then "hack" the file to write my own animation data in the format spriter is expecting.  I had some limited success messing with this some time ago, but I got the impression that there were some strange things with the resulting file.  Are there any guides, etc. to trying to do something like this?

4 hours ago, minigendo said:

My thanks for your response.

Just to follow up, is there any existing facility for importing external animation / scripting the movement of bones, or is hacking the spriter open file format the only option in this regard?

I guess I misunderstood your original question, and I think I still do, are you trying to make animations in a different program and convert the animation to Spriter format after the fact?

I guess referencing the open source spriter run-times will help you understand the data format, and you can post the resulting spriter file that is broken and someone might be able to tell you what is wrong with the conversion.