Feature request - better zoom in timeline

Trumgottist

It would be very useful to have more control of the zooming out of the timeline when working on a long animation. Now it jumps from fitting fitting less than two seconds on my screen to seeing the whole animation, and nothing in between. For a four minute animation, that's quite a jump. (I confirmed the behaviour using the keyboard shortcut, to make sure that it's not just my tablet that's acting weird.

If it's due to a technical limitation, wouldn't it make more sense to limit the zoom a bit at the other end instead? Does anyone have a use for the ability to be able to zoom in each millisecond to the size of a cm? It seems overkill.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Yes, I am on Windows, and I get the same result if I'm scrolling with either of my two mouses, the scrolling strip on my Wacom tablet or the keyboard. But I have now split it up into segments of just a few seconds each in length, which is a much better way of doing this.

(I have not been working on this project since April, btw. I finished the video I was experimenting on back then without any animation, but I am now working on a simple animation for my next video. As it is my first attempt, it is very simple but still takes me a lot of time. I am making progress though, and it will be finished within a couple of days. I'll post in the "Your Works" section when it's done.)

Also, I know I posted a request for movie export somewhere. (I can't find it on this forum. Maybe it was on Kickstarter?) I'm now retracting that feature request as it's not needed. Video editors (I can confirm both DaVinci Resolve and Lightworks) are smart enough to recognise the series of png files as video clips! Doing it this way is even better, as all transparency is preserved, and there are no compression artefacts. (I wish I knew that before setting up a workflow with ffmpeg and a greenscreen backdrop in Spriter.) So taking the animation from Spriter and putting it in my video is very easy.