dactandn0

dactandn0

I found this post written on 7th Sep 2016 15:37. Now 21th Mar, 2020 is that write? Should I buy Spriter Pro or  Spine?

Spriter is free. So you can use Spriter in AGK2, but if you need the more professional tool, I would use Spine. I have both, but I bought them, when they where Early Access years ago. They both still in developement.
The main differences are:

- Spine has a Setup-Room and an Animation-Room, if you change your Setup, all your animations will be adjusted to it
- Spine needs bones, what is realy great
- Spine can do mesh deformation and make so 3D looking effects for example
- Spine now has pathes

- Spriter has no Setup-Room, so if you change your charakter you have to change all your animations by hand, but you can use the first frame for that sometimes in a way
- Spriter is mixing bone animations and no bone-animations, which is a problem in decoding
- Spriter is not so got in Mesh-deformation
- Spriter could do Sound in the animation for testing, but Spine could do events, which can trigger sounds in your game e.g.

To test, if Spine or Spriter is faster in AGK2, you could do the following:

Use the Spriter-Example-Prject or the Spine-Example-Project, and load a bunch of Animations,
you have to copy maybe some of the assets from the media-folder.
Loading a Spriter file is much more "expensive", because of the seperate images. But to be sure, you have to have the SpineBoy as a Spriter-File,
or the GreyGuy in Spine.

The Setup-Pose in Spine could save you a lot memory, you could do previews, without the need of all animation-data.