Generate spritesheet files with different names?

sds_alex

Hey folks, I'm running into a bit of an issue with generating spritesheets for my project using the SpriterDotNet api. Once we have an entity all rigged up and animated, if I go to "file > Generate Spritesheets for Project Images" it saves all of the compiled files with the same name and different extensions. For example, if I use the scml option and "character" as the base filename I'll get "character.scml", "character.json" and "character.png". The problem is that MonoGame's content builder doesn't seem to like it when I give it multiple files with the same name and different extensions. The content builder errors out saying it can't find some of the files. If I manually change the names of the json file and image to atlas.json and image.png, then manually edit the scml file and the json file with the changed names it loads just fine. Is there some way to tell Spriter to output the files with different names so I don't have to go manually edit the files every time I want to compile a spritesheet?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure there is not a way to tell it to name each component something different. if renaming them manually takes too long you could look into batch renaming programs. I found a free one years ago when I needed to rename hundreds of image files into a specific format, and you can create formulas to change the names as needed of entire folders of files.