Sound Files won't play in Spriter

KirselAndise

I'm relatively new to Spriter so this may very well be user error however,

I uploaded the wav file to my file folder. That works. Shows up it my palette which is nice. But that's all I can do with it. The online tutorial on here says you should be able to left click for a preview and then right click to add it to the timeline. Neither of these work. I know the sound file works and my computer's volume is up, yet spriter won't play the sound at all. Even a video tutorial said the same exact thing and it worked for him. Please help!

And I have restarted spriter because I thought it might've been a program glitch, yet that didn't help either. 

Please always mention what OS you're using Spriter on and if you're using the free or pro version of Spriter when reporting technical issues like this. It can help us figure out the problem faster.
please download, unzip, and try using this WAV file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/14Aw6vAklHh5bilNEg2vjCLiMXD2b7XiL/view?usp=sharing
Make sure to put it in a sub-folder in your project canned "sounds"
Make sure the wave files you're trying to add are not longer than the duration of the entire animation.

I'm on my ASUS Laptop using the free version of Spriter.

I went ahead and created a subfolder and added my sound file as well as your extracted sound file 'mmm'. I see the subfolder in my palette along with both sound files. Your sound file did not work either. I'm not sure how I can see how long my animation vs the sound file is. But if your sound file is short enough to work normally then I do not think the length of the sound file is the problem as that one doesn't work either.

Thank you so much for responding, I truly hope we can get this working!

• 4 months later...
On 7/17/2019 at 6:16 AM, KirselAndise said:

I'm on my ASUS Laptop using the free version of Spriter.

I went ahead and created a subfolder and added my sound file as well as your extracted sound file 'mmm'. I see the subfolder in my palette along with both sound files. Your sound file did not work either. I'm not sure how I can see how long my animation vs the sound file is. But if your sound file is short enough to work normally then I do not think the length of the sound file is the problem as that one doesn't work either.

Thank you so much for responding, I truly hope we can get this working!

I just remembered, make sure the the entire sound fits in the timeline from the point you place it.. if the sound file is too long to fit in the timeline it might not play at all.