Click-drag issue while learning spriter

morgan1879

Hi everybody,

This is my first post here and I'm happy to sign up and hope to learn some more uses of Spriter!

SO far my learning is good, but I have some issues with Spriter Pro, which prevent me from feeling very comfortable with it.

I captured a video demonstrating one of a few issues I have.  This one occurs maybe nine out of ten times I highlight and click-drag more than one sprite.

This is really confusing and want to know if I'm missing something obvious.

-M

• 1 month later...
On 3/26/2019 at 8:42 PM, Mike at BrashMonkey said:

That is very strange behavior and not normal. What OS are you using Spriter on and are you using any specialized input device?

I'm not the OP, but this bug is 100% reproducible on the Linux build.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

OK, I confirmed the bug in Windows On my end, but it doesn't happen every time. I'm trying to figure out exactly why it happens some time and not others. The good news is every time it happens If i stop moving the objects, undo and reelect them then it always works properly then next time you multi-select and drag.

OK, I think I figured out the cause of the bug. If the objects are selected by any means out of sequential order from top to bottom in the z-order then when you click and drag then the movement will have this bug.
If you are careful to make sure to select them in x-order from highest to lowest (this is easy if you select them via holding shift and clicking on them in the z-order list) then it seems all the selected objects will properly move in unison.

Please let me know if you can confirm this.